- 9 hrs ago Malala Yousafzai Writes Open Letter To Taliban Urging To Reopen Schools For Girls In Afghanistan
- 11 hrs ago Kiara Advani And Raashii Khanna Will Inspire You To Invest In Minimally-Done Nature-Inspired Lehengas
- 14 hrs ago Is Chilli Good For People With Diabetes?
- 15 hrs ago Angelina Jolie Exudes Casual Glamour With Her Brown Outfit; Daughters Take Notes From Mother’s Wardrobe
- Finance Fuel Rates Hiked Again On October 21, 2021; Mumbai Petrol Rate Rs. 112.44/l
- Movies Shanaya Kapoor: I Focus On The People Who Are Always Cheering Me On
- Technology Samsung Diwali Festival Sale: Attractive Discount Offers On Top Smartphones
- News RBI imposes monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- Sports Sri Lanka beat Ireland by 70 runs in T20 World Cup, qualify for Super 12s
- Education IBPS CRP RRB X Group A Scores Released, Here’s How To Check IBPS RRB X Officer Scale I, II And III Scores
- Automobiles Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- Travel 10 Best Winter Destinations in Goa
Helen Keller once rightly said that 'of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful'.
But, in today's rapid life, we hardly take care of our eyes. In fact, most of our activities from staring at the computer screen to checking our tablets or smartphones end up putting a great deal of strain on our eyes and harm their health in totality.
As a result, the incidence rates of people suffering from bad eyesight or sight-threatening conditions has risen drastically.
Also Read: 20 Foods For Better Eyesight
A few decades ago, in maximum cases, bad eyesight was an age-related issue. But, that is not the case anymore. The cases of blurred vision, bad eyesight and other conditions are soaring high and are a cause of concern.
Various factors like genes, bad lifestyle and lack of essential nutrients could be the main culprits behind weak eyesight.
The problem of weak eyesight can be fixed by wearing prescription glasses or contact lenses. Both can cause a great deal of discomfort and, to some extent, hamper your ability to do physical activities.
Also Read: Exercises To Improve Eyesight Naturally
More and more number of people are giving a try to alternative methods of improving eyesight. This involves trying out the home remedies that are known to boost eyesight over a period of time.
So, read on to know more about the inexpensive, safe and reliable home remedies that can significantly improve your eyesight.
Also, a word of caution that if the level of damage to one's eyes is severe, then it is critical to consult a specialist for the best course of action.
1. Eye Exercise:
Eye exercises are the simplest and most effective way of improving eyesight. You can perform simple eye exercises anytime and anywhere. They are great for stimulating blood circulation and making the muscles more flexible.
Almonds are a remarkable source of vitamin E and essential antioxidant agents. Eating almonds every day can improve your eyesight to a great extent. Just soak a few almonds in water overnight and eat them in the morning for healthy eyes.
Amla, aka Indian gooseberry, is a rich source of vitamin C. Its medicinal properties, specially the ones that improve eyesight, are known all over the world. These can be consumed on a regular basis.
4. Sunning And Palming:
The main purpose of this effective technique is to promote flexibility in your eyes lens and muscles. Sunning is great for the healing process and palming lets your eyes to relax. This harmless, inexpensive and simple-to-do technique could be done on a daily basis to get better eyesight.
Fennel seeds are replete with essential nutrients that naturally improve one's eyesight. Moreover, regular consumption of these seeds can prevent infections and keep your vision sharp.
6. Triphala Powder:
This age-old Ayurvedic remedy has been used for centuries to improve eyesight and strengthen the eye muscles. It is also known to prevent eye infections and prevent other conditions like cataract from developing.
7. Healthy Diet:
Having a healthy diet is imperative for improving your eyesight and keeping sight-threatening conditions at bay. Specially, food items rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E can greatly boost your eye's health.