- 7 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 7 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 9 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 9 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Hiccups are involuntary spasms of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, which occur with a sudden closure of glottis and a characteristic gulping sound. This spasm is common and not alarming to one's health.
Hiccups can make one feel terrible, even though it occurs for a short period of time. Therefore, it is important to put an end to the problem as soon as possible.
In most cases, hiccups appear due to specific trigger factors such as smoking, a bloated tummy, drinking hot beverages, after frizzy drinks, a sudden change in the room temperature and more. According to experts, it is stated that one should slowly sip on water to calm down the spasm.
The other fast hiccup cure that works well is to inhale the air through the mouth and exhale it from the mouth after 20 counts. After exhaling the air from the mouth, a burp is released.
These two hiccup cures normally work wonders, but then again, if the spasm still continues to last, it is suggested to follow these handful of home remedies for treating hiccups.
Boldsky has listed 10 hiccup cures that can work in less than a minute. Take a look at these awesome home remedies and always turn to natural ingredients only to cure the problem.
The best hiccup cure that works is by gulping down a teaspoon of spicy sauce. The sauce will irritate the taste buds, thus diverting the attention to a hot burning tongue.
A Teaspoon Of Honey
Slowly sip on honey water for effective results. Honey is a powerful ingredient that has properties, which can tickle the vagus nerve, putting an end to hiccups.
Swallowing a teaspoon of cocoa powder can cure hiccups immediately. Cocoa powder acts on the vagus nerve and calms the spasm.
Stick That Tongue Out
Try this best hiccup cure that works within a second. Stick the tongue out really hard to ease the spasm. This little trick stimulates the vagus nerve to get rid of the problem.
Sugar can irritate the oesophagus of your throat. This cure works wonders in no time and is the safest, most effective home remedy for hiccups.
Sour Tangy Food Works Too
Suck on a piece of lemon or gulp down a teaspoon of vinegar to stop that hiccup immediately. Sour foods help to ease the vagus nerve, thus getting rid of hiccups.
Peanut Butter To The Rescue
Chewing the peanuts in the butter can interrupt the breathing pattern, and thus stop the hiccup immediately.
Sniff A Pungent Smell
One of the nasty hiccup cures that works well is by smelling an ingredient that is pungent. White and black vinegar are the best options to help get rid of hiccups in no time.
Follow A Tongue Trick
Massage the roof of your mouth with the tongue. The massage can stimulate the vagus nerve and put an end to the spasm on your diaphragm. This remedy for hiccups should be experimented, as soon as the hiccups begin.
Cough Out That Burp
The smartest way to cure hiccups is to cough it out. Coughing helps the diaphragm to become more constricted, and hence this interrupts the hiccup process.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans