- 42 min ago 6 Impressive Health Benefits Of Buckwheat Tea
- 1 hr ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 1 hr ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 2 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- News Gandhi died due to 'accidental reasons': School booklet in Odisha kicks up row
- Technology Infinix S5 Lite With Quad Camera, Punch-Hole Display Launched For Rs. 7,999 In India
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: Mayank Agarwal hits third Test ton; equals Merchat, Sobers, closes in on Steve Smith
- Movies Popular Marathi Singer Geeta Mali Dies In Road Accident
- Finance This Is Why Bank Stocks Surged In Friday's Session
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Having a pet means you have someone who can bestow unconditional love on you. And if your pet is a dog, you don’t need to search a best friend outside your home. But keeping a pet means you have to take every care of it.
When you are planning to have a dog, be sure about its breed, diseases, vaccines, pedigree etc. Dogs are such animals which are exposed to diseases like rabies. Therefore, if it bites or scratches you, there is high possibility to be affected by the disease. Not only from your pet but you can have dog bites in other ways too. So, you need to know the first aid tips to do after a dog bite.
There is no doubt that you need to take injections to prevent any further infections. But what can be the effective first aid after dog bite? Many people advice many things. But you need to know exact ways to first aid after dog bite. For any minor injury follow certain first aid tips to do after a dog bite.
How can you know that your wound is getting serious? You can see redness and swelling on the area and the pain will increase. You may have fever too. So, proper medication is the only solution. Don’t apply any self-diagnosis.
In case of any critical problem you have to consult your physician. But here is first aid after dog bite that can give you quick relief-
Clean The Wound
Wash the wound under clean water. Use soap to clean the area properly. Don’t rub. Press the area hard to stop bleeding. This can be one of the effective first aid tips to do after a dog bite.
Squeeze The Area
If your wound bleeds, it is better as thus the wound will not be affected by bacteria. If it is not bleeding, squeeze a little and let the poisoned blood out. Don’t go harsh on it.
Bandage The Area
If you keep the wound open, it can be affected by bacterial attack. Moreover dust and dirt can make it worse. So try to enclose the area. Putting a bandage can give you rapid relief.
It is evident that you have to go through certain pain. So, painkiller can be the first aid after dog bite. Paracetamol is type of painkillers that can soothe you. But it is always better to take after consulting doctor.
Do you know how does it help you? To stop any additional infection, you can apply ethanol or any other antiseptic ointment on the wound. It can prevent bacterial attack and also can lessen your pain.
Very important first aid after dog bite. Never ignore your injury and don’t delay in taking tetanus. If you have not taken for five years, you need to take the injection within 72 hours.
First aids can help you to get primary help. But remember, if your wound is a major one; don’t be late to consult doctor.