- 10 min ago Viral Infections May Promote Alzheimer's Like Diseases: Study
- 24 min ago Hum Do Hamare Do Promotions: Kriti Sanon’s Aqua Gown Is What You Can Bookmark For Tropical Holidays
- 1 hr ago Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Doll Up In Party Dresses For Ranveer Singh’s Show, The Big Picture
- 2 hrs ago IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath To Quit Job, Plans To Return To Harvard University
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Big shame that we don't have Stokes, Archer for tournament, says Roy
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Karan Kundrra Says He Never Did Any Work At Home But Is Now Cleaning Toilets In The BB House
- Finance This Small-Cap IT Company To Consider Interim Dividend On October 26
- News India expressed readiness to provide humanitarian aid to Afghans says Taliban
- Technology Moto G51 5G Key Features Leaked Online; 50MP Triple Camera, FHD+ Display In Tow
- Education Kerala TET Result Released For May 2021 Session
- Travel Top Wedding Destinations In India
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
Every couple wishes to have a child to make their family complete. But for some, conceiving becomes a problem and having children a long lost dream. In such situations, the first thing a couple does is to get the female partner examined by a gynecologist. If there is a problem, solutions are sought.
But in case all is fine with the female partner, the ideal path to take would be to examine the male partner, which sadly many refrain from.
For many couples, difficulty in conceiving could be due to various reasons, infertility in men being one of them. This is one fact that many men are unwilling to accept. Fertility in men becomes a matter of pride and honour. However, the scene is changing and many men are willing to get themselves tested.
Infertility in men could be due to various causes. The reasons could be related to some internal disorder that would require medical treatment. It could be due to poor sperm quality, low sperm count, slow sperm movement, infection or erectile dysfunction. The other reasons could be related to lifestyle and environment which can be controlled and avoided.
There are many lifestyle reasons that can cause infertility in men. These can be controlled by following a healthy way of life. Take a look at reasons that can cause infertility in men.
The harms caused by smoking are many. Infertility is one of the harmful effects of smoking. Men who smoke tobacco are more likely to have a low sperm count compared to those who do not. This does not only include first hand smokers but second hand smokers too. Even though you do not smoke, inhaling the smoke of your friend's cigarette can adversely affect your fertility.
Abuse of any kind is bad and when it comes to drugs, the negative effects are many. Getting involved in drug abuses can not only drop the sperm count but can also affect the quality of your sperm.
It is difficult to imagine a modern day gathering without alcohol. Having a drink or two is not bad but when limits are crossed to the extent of overdoing it, the male reproductive system is adversely affected.
Fertility in men, like all other functions of the body, is directly related to the nutrition factor. A man having a healthy four square meals a day is more likely to produce a healthy quality of sperm.
The world is largely facing the problem of obesity. This has been found in children as well. Excessive weight gain can lead to hormonal changes in the body and this can further affect the quality and quantity of sperms.
We have often read that good mood releases good chemicals in the body while bad mood produces bad chemicals. When suffering from emotional stress, these bad chemicals are released. It directly affects the reproductive system of the male partner. The sperm count can go down, there may be problems in erection and the sperm quality may suffer.
Cycling is no doubt a very good exercise for complete toning of the body but too much of it can affect fertility in men. Constant pressure on the region behind the testicles can lead to numbness.
Occupations that require men to get exposed to various kinds of chemicals like pesticides, painting material, benzene can be a cause of low sperm count.
Infertility in men can be caused due to continued exposure to heavy metals.
Overheating in testicles
There are many situations that can cause overheating of the testicles like hot baths and saunas. Wearing tight underwear and prolonged use of the laptop can also cause overheating and affect the sperm count.