- News Clear revenue share dues as per SC order: Telecom firms told
- Technology Motorola Sales Declined By 71% During The Last Financial Year: Report
- Movies Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Spend Big Bucks On Real Estate For Their Home In LA
- Sports Tigresses and Lionesses setup final clash after recording thumping wins on Day 2
- Automobiles Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- Finance Retail Inflation At 16-Month High In Oct; Breaches RBI's Target Of 4%
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
- Education Children's Day Essay: Top 5 Ideas To Write An Essay On Children's Day
It is common knowledge that women are prone to osteoporosis. Most of the time we talk about how to detect osteoporosis or treat it. But isn't it much better to know how to prevent osteoporosis? After all, prevention is always better than cure. The most obvious cause of osteoporosis is lack of calcium. But having calcium is not the only want to prevent osteoporosis  .
Sometimes obesity or lack of exercise could also impact your bone health badly. Women usually get osteoporosis after their menopause  . So it will help if you are extra cautious about your bone health post-menopause. The best way to prevent osteoporosis naturally is to be active and fit.
But if you want details, then here are some of the important ways in which you can prevent osteoporosis.
Obesity is the best friend of osteoporosis. So, manage your weight so that your bones are not under too much pressure  .
Have Calcium Rich Foods
Osteoporosis is caused by calcium deficiency. Since women tend to lose calcium from their body easily, they should have higher proportions of calcium-rich foods like milk, dairy products, spinach, broccoli, seafood etc  .
Don't Ignore Body Pain
Any kind of persistent body pain, especially joint pain can be a precursor to osteoporosis. Don't delay going to the doctor and getting bone tests done  .
Don't Go On Crash Diet
Crash dieting to lose weight fast is one of the worst things you can do to your body. Do not go on a crash diet that makes your body lose out on vital nutrients like calcium  .
Exercise regularly to keep your bones flexible. Everything that is not used for a long time becomes rusty. The same holds true for your bones as well  .
Have Calcium Supplements After Menopause
As soon as you have your menopause, the estrogen hormone that protects your bones is reduced to a great extent. So start having calcium supplements immediately after you stop menstruating  .
Without Vitamin D, your body cannot process calcium. And Vitamin D is produced in the body when you get some sunlight. Expose yourself to the morning sun every day  .
These are some simple yet effective ways to prevent osteoporosis naturally. Do you have any more suggestions to improve women's bone health?
-  Nordin, B. E., & Morris, H. A. (1989). The calcium deficiency model for osteoporosis. Nutrition reviews, 47(3), 65-72.
-  Ji, M. X., & Yu, Q. (2015). Primary osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Chronic diseases and translational medicine, 1(1), 9–13. doi:10.1016/j.cdtm.2015.02.006
-  Shapses, S. A., & Riedt, C. S. (2006). Bone, body weight, and weight reduction: what are the concerns?. The Journal of nutrition, 136(6), 1453–1456. doi:10.1093/jn/136.6.1453
-  Higgs, J., Derbyshire, E., & Styles, K. (2017). Nutrition and osteoporosis prevention for the orthopaedic surgeon: A wholefoods approach. EFORT open reviews, 2(6), 300–308. doi:10.1302/2058-5241.2.160079
-  Kling, J. M., Clarke, B. L., & Sandhu, N. P. (2014). Osteoporosis prevention, screening, and treatment: a review. Journal of women's health (2002), 23(7), 563–572. doi:10.1089/jwh.2013.4611
-  Benedetti, M. G., Furlini, G., Zati, A., & Letizia Mauro, G. (2018). The Effectiveness of Physical Exercise on Bone Density in Osteoporotic Patients. BioMed research international, 2018, 4840531. doi:10.1155/2018/4840531
-  Holick, M. F. (2004). Sunlight and vitamin D for bone health and prevention of autoimmune diseases, cancers, and cardiovascular disease. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 80(6), 1678S-1688S.