- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
This acidity and gas is prevented from affecting esophagus by a valve. esophagus is the connecting path of the stomach and the pharynx. When this valve is destructed and does not work properly, acidity and gas gets blocked behind the heart ribs, causing heartburn. This process is also known as reflux. Common symptoms of heartburn are nausea, belching, sharp pain etc. Here are some home remedies for heartburn -
1.Peppermint Tea – The menthol property of peppermint has the ability to sooth stomach muscles which excrete excess acid. If the cramping of the stomach muscles are controlled, it controls the release of excess stomach acid. Peppermint is a good home remedy for heartburn because it controls acid and gas from being pushed up the esophagus. Peppermint tea controls irritable bowel syndrome as well.
2.Baking Soda and Water – Mix ' spoon of baking soda in water and drink it for immediate relief from heartburn. This heartburn home remedy though not a very nice to taste, is very useful. The sodium content of baking powder, cure the illness.
3.Papaya – Papaya is yet another good home remedy for heartburn. Papaya has a property called papain, which enhances digestion. The digestive quality of papaya is a quick cure of heartburn.
4.Ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory property, thus is a good home remedy to heartburn. One should take 500mg of ginger either raw or with food. Ginger tea is also helpful.
5.Almond – If you have heartburn, take couple of almonds. The high oil content of almond neutralizes the acidity in the stomach, thus preventing it from resulting in heartburn.
Try these five home remedies for heartburn for quick cure. There are also medicines which can provide quick relief, but some times for those who suffer the gastric problem, might get addicted to the medicine.