- 18 min ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Spotted In Casuals At The Airport And Will Be Seen Walking The Ramp Today
- 1 hr ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Taapsee, Kareena Kapoor, Lady Gaga, Deepika Padukone & More
- 3 hrs ago Malaika Arora's Patola Sari Is For Handloom Connoisseurs And Those Who Want To Look A Class Apart
- 4 hrs ago 6 Perks Of Spending A Day At Amusement Park With Your Friends
- Technology Lenovo launches HD116 Wireless Headphones With EQ Technology in India
- Movies Khusbhu Sundar Gets Nostalgic About Her Proposal Day, Posts Romantic Message For Sundar C
- Finance Planning for Retirement: Know How To Build Corpus Which Lasts Longer?
- News We are hiring! Congress posts hilarious post that brings 'acche din' to unemployed people
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe Facelift Models Launching In India On 3 March: Details And Expected Prices
- Sports ICC WWT20: Win against formidable Australia will give India huge confidence going ahead, says Mithali Raj
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
One day Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen, while working with a fluorescent light bulb, he evacuated the tube of all air and filled it with gas. He then passed the high electric voltage through it. Suddenly he noticed a fluorescent glow. He covered the tube with a thick sheet of paper but then noticed the light reflect on a screen. He realized the presence of an 'invisible light' which can penetrate through even a screen. His later experiments revealed that this 'invisible light can also penetrate through human body. Thus was the discovery of X-Ray.
X-Ray, is an electromagnetic radiation. Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen, explains that X-Ray, is a form of electromagnetic radiation. As the wavelength of the light decreases, it increases in energy. X-Ray lights act more like particles than a wave. The X-Ray machine passes individual X-Ray particles, called photons. These particles pass through the body. A special film is used to record the image. Dense structures like bone and teeth, appear white. Structures containing air like muscle, fat etc appear gray.
Roentgen's first experiment was in late 1895. The first film after the discovery of X-Ray was his wife Bertha's hand with a ring on her finger. X-Ray was first utilised clinically in early 1896 in United States. It was called X, as he did not have a name for it. After the discovery of X-Ray, many urged him to name it after his name but he like it to be known as 'X-Ray' and thus it is still named. Today, Google celebrates the 115th anniversary of discovery of X-Ray.