- 11 min ago Richa Chadha, Lisa Ray, Kalki Koechlin Have Unique Outfit Ideas For Formal Events
- 49 min ago Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Has Red And Blue Gown Goals For Us
- 1 hr ago Joint Pain In Children: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And How To Treat It
- 2 hrs ago Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Stages, And Treatment
- Technology Vivo U20 First Impressions: Pros, Cons, And The X-Factor
- News Meghalaya BJP urges Shah to exclude state from CAB's purview
- Sports India vs Bangladesh, Day-Night Test: Eden Gardens connection of Tendulkar, Kumble, Harbhajan, Laxman
- Finance Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea File Review Petitions In Supreme Court On AGR Verdict
- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Teaser: Mahesh Babu Packs A Punch In What Looks Like A Promising Entertainer!
- Automobiles Mahindra Jeeto Plus Launched In India: Priced At Rs 3.46 Lakh
- Travel Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Visit Chennai At Least Once In Your Lifetime
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
One study discovered that people were more likely to return to work sooner after using the nose washes, and there was some evidence that nasal washes might reduce antibiotic prescriptions among those who seek the saltwater treatment.
King said, "Nasal irrigation with saline is a safe treatment that may be mildly beneficial to some patients, though the existing evidence is too limited to recommend it as a standard treatment. It is quite amazing that such a common treatment for a very common illness does not have a large body of evidence to support for or against its use."
Saltwater washes have long been a part of ayurvedic care on the India. To be precise, it is called Neti. The Neti pot, is a a small spouted pot used to pour water through the nostrils - has been increasing in the West.
Saline nasal washes could flush out excessive mucus and infectious bacterias, and might strengthen the nose's own filtration system of waving, hair-like cilia.
The saline washes can reduce the amount of decongestants, painkillers and improperly prescribed antibiotics. A research has confirmed that the economic impact of the common cold alone on workplace absenteeism is estimated to be billions of dollars.Saline water wash might also be a cure for nasal allergies and many other nasal infections.