- 7 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 8 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 8 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 9 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Ovarian endometriomas or the 'ovarian chocolate cysts' which contain the brown liquid, causes ongoing pain and complications. Cysts commonly recur, though they can be easily removed by surgery.
The researchers say that the OCP can reduce the re-occurrence of endometriomas, after their removal by surgical methods.
The trial conducted by the researchers consisted of 239 patients who had just undergone surgery to remove endometriomas. They were randomized into groups: those with no prescribed treatment, those taking cyclic OCPs, and those taking continuous OCPs. Patients were followed up for two years.
Women who took OCPs had significantly fewer recurring cysts. The long-term treatment seemed to be the key of success in those patients. But the length of treatment plays an important role in the efficacy of the therapy, say the experts.
The study has been published in the journal Fertility and Sterility.