- 34 min ago What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- 56 min ago Vikrant Rona Actress Jacqueline Fernandez Goes Retro In Co-ord Set! PICS
- 1 hr ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 5 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- Sports IPL Playoffs Stats & Record: Most Wins in Playoffs, Most Runs, Most Centuries, Most Wickets, Most Sixes & More
- Technology iQOO Neo 6 Indian Variant Specs Revealed; How Is It Different From Chinese Counterpart?
- Finance Stock To Buy: Agrochemicals Stock That Can Gain 30% On Higher Prices & Expansion
- Automobiles BGauss D15 Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 99,999
- Movies Chris Pratt Remembers Jurassic World Co-Star Irrfan Khan, Calls Him 'An Exquisite Actor'
- News IMD withdraws red alert as rain subsides; Orange Alert issued in 5 districts of Kerala
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
- Education Goa Board SSC, HSSC Result 2022 Declared At gbshse.info, Download GBSHSE Term 1 Exam Result Here
A timely menstrual cycle or periods is a hallmark of a healthy reproductive system. Many factors such as stress, obesity, low body weight, nutritional deficiencies, menopause and smoking are linked to irregularities in the menstrual cycle.
Some of the aforementioned factors like menopause could not be treated while others like obesity and stress could be treated or managed naturally by ways like a balanced diet and regular physical activity, leading to menstruation without any delays.
- wellnessShilajit: Know The Health Benefits And Side Effects Of This Naturally Occurring Substance From Himalayas
Yoga provides lots of benefits to the body, along with inducing periods. Some yoga asanas like the Camel and Butterfly pose helps improve blood supply to the pelvic region, balance hormone levels, reduce stress and improve reproductive health, thus inducing periods and maintaining its normal cycle.
In this article, we will discuss some of the yoga poses to induce menstruation. If you have problems related to menstruation, include these asanas in your regular physical activities.
1. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Ustrasana:
- Begin by sitting in a kneeling pose.
- Stand on the knees and widen the legs.
- Bring the hands facing downwards at the back of the hips.
- Slowly inhale and then lean backwards exhaling.
- In the process, slowly place the hands above the ankles.
- The head should be up and arms straight and hold your foot with your hands.
- Make sure that you do not strain the neck.
- Hold on to the position for about 30-40 seconds and then slowly come out.
- Repeat the process.
2. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Bhujangasana:
- Lie down with your stomach pressed against the floor.
- Place the hands in the area between the shoulders and the pelvic floor.
- Open the legs slightly out.
- Inhale and lift the upper body upwards. Make sure the navel is above ground level.
- Push the pelvic bone or stomach area down.
- Keep the elbows straight and then push the shoulders and head back as much as you can.
- Stay in the position for around 10 seconds, relax and then repeat the process.
3. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Dhanurasana:
- Lie down on your stomach pressed against the floor.
- Slowly fold your knees and hold both ankles with your hands.
- Take a deep breath and then lift your chest.
- Now, pull the ankles and lift the body up.
- The body should be on the stomach and look like a bow.
- Also, the more you look up, the higher the angles will go..
- Keep taking deep breaths and hold on to the position for a few seconds.
- Then relax and repeat the process.
4. Malasana (Garland Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Malasana:
- Slowly bend down in a squat position keeping the legs wide apart.
- The pose is basically like sitting in an Indian toilet.
- Now press both the elbows against both the knees and lengthen the spine.
- Join hands like you are doing Namaste.
- Keep the neck and shoulders relax and breathe.
- The pose helps improve blood circulation in the pelvic region.
5. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Matsyasana:
- Lie down straight on your back.
- Keep the feet together and hands by the sides of your body.
- Place your palms beneath your hips and your elbows close towards each other and lift up your chest and head.
- Maintain the balance with your elbows firmly placed on the ground.
- Keeping your abdomen down, slowly lift your upper chest and do not stretch your neck too much.
- Take deep breaths in and out and remain in the position for about a minute. Then slowly come out of the position.
6. Baddhakonasana (Butterfly Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Baddhakonasana:
- Sit with a straight back.
- Join the soles of the feet.
- Now interlock the fingers of the hands against the toes..
- Start flapping the thighs slowly and then increase the speed a bit.
- Breathe normally while doing this yoga pose.
7. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- In a yoga mat, bend down in a dog pose with hands on the mat and toes tucked so that you won't slide while lifting the knees.
- Slowly lift up, making sure the hips are moved up and the legs are straight.
- Keep the spine straight and press the legs against the floor to maintain the position for around 10 seconds.
- Relax and repeat the position.
Before performing these yoga asanas, it is always good to consult a medical expert or a yoga teacher to know more about the benefits and how these poses will help you.
- womenWomen's Day: 10 Female Cancer Survivors Felicitated By HCG Hospital Bangalore
- womenOn Women's Day, Health Minister Felicitates 72 Best Women COVID-19 Vaccinators
- womenWomen’s Day 2022: Power Dressing Ideas To Unleash The Girl Boss In You!
- womenInternational Women’s Day: Nari Shakti Puraskar Award Winners List
- womenWomen's Day Special: 5 Indian Women Entrepreneurs Who've Recreated The Space Of Business
- basicsInternational Women's Day Spl: What Are Female Condoms And How To Use Them
- womenInternational Women's Day 2022: Most Inspiring Women's Day Topics And Essay Ideas
- women#IAmMoreThanEnough: Kalyan Jewellers Unveils Digital Campaign To Mark Women’s Day
- basicsInternational Women's Day Special: 12 Possible Causes Of Premature Or Early Menopause
- decorWomen's Day Decor Ideas For Office Celebrations Or WFH Workspace
- beyond loveInternational Women's Day 2022: Empowering Relationship Advice For Women
- fashion trendsMinnie Mouse Takes To Power Dressing; Disney Character To Wear Blue Pantsuit Instead Of Red Polka-Dot Dress