- 33 min ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 3 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 4: Kushmanda Puja 2022 Date, Iconography, Rituals, And Mantra
- 12 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 3: Maa Chandraghanta Puja Date, Mantra and Rituals, And Significance
- Movies Vikram Day 30 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Kamal Haasan-Lokesh's Action Film Crosses Rs 400 Crore Gross!
- Sports India vs England 5th Test Day 2, Highlights: All round show by skipper Bumrah puts India on top
- News Sharad Pawar takes dig at Maha Governor for feeding sweets to Shinde
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
- Automobiles India's 2nd Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae Roadster Delivered In Mumbai - Another Rare Fighting Bull Is Here
- Education AILET Result 2022 Declared At nationallawuniversitydelhi.in, Check Steps To Download Result Here
- Technology Xiaomi 12S Series To Get Eco-Friendly Leather Rear Panel; Expected Features, Specs
While the majority of the world is running behind diets and exercises that help promote weight loss, there are some looking for a diet that would help them gain weight - and that too in a healthy way. Because as well know, gaining weight is a piece of cake but doing it in the right way can be tricky.
There are various other reasons due to which you can be underweight like inadequate eating habits, prolonged meal time gaps, poor selection of foods, eating disorders like Nervosa and bulimia, etc. 
One of the main reasons people look for ways of weight gain is when one falls underweight. An underweight person is someone whose body weight is considered too low to be healthy. Underweight people have a body mass index (BMI) of under 18.5 or a weight 15 per cent to 20 per cent below that normal for their age and height group .
At a particular age, both men and women tend to identify themselves with their bodies and that is when a super-thin frame may cause frustration. Also, being underweight isn't healthy.
Depending upon your height and age, your doctor can advise you how much your ideal weight should be .
Read further to know how to gain weight in a healthy way.
1. Peanut Butter
Peanuts are packed with protein and fat and are an ideal food choice for people who are looking to gain weight naturally . One teaspoon of peanut butter has around 100 calories. It also contains vitamins like magnesium, folic acids, vitamin B and vitamin E . You can boost your peanut butter intake by applying it on a slice of bread and have it for breakfast.
2. Whole Fat Milk
One of the simplest solutions to gain weight naturally is by drinking whole fat milk. Replace skimmed milk with whole milk and your body will get 60 calories per glass. Milk is also rich in vitamins and nutrients and is also a good source of vitamin D and vitamin A .
Avocados are an excellent way to add good healthy fats in your diet. A half of an avocado contains 140 calories and also a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E, folic acid and potassium . You can enjoy avocados by putting them in salads, smoothies or as a spread.
4. Whole Wheat Bread
Whole wheat bread is another food that can help you to gain weight. Whole wheat bread has nutrients to support a healthy breakfast and also add enough calories . They contain fibre and minerals that are missing in the normal white bread.
When it comes to gaining weight, nuts are another good option. It makes for a great snack choice and has good sources of fats and nutrients. They also have fibre and will keep your stomach full for a longer period of time. To get most of the benefits, eat mixed nuts daily .
Potatoes are high in carbohydrates that will help you to gain weight faster. They are also high in protein, full of fibres and also contain good amounts of vitamin C. You can keep the skin on for the optimal intake of nutrients .
Grab a banana for quick on-the-go energy and for gaining weight. Bananas are high in potassium, carbohydrates and other important nutrients that will provide you with energy and keep you healthy. Bananas contain more than 100 calories, so they can help you bulk up .
Eggs are great to eat to gain healthy weight. Packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals, eating 2 eggs every morning can help give you the energy you need to get through the day. Scramble, poach it, fry, boil or make an omelette to enjoy the healthy gain .
Butter is high in calories and you can add it to your cooking instead of using cooking oil. Butter has saturated fats, so eat and enjoy it in a limited amount . Spread butter over your whole wheat bread and eat it for breakfast or as a snack.
Ghee is another form of clarified butter. You can use ghee in moderation in cooking because it has concentrated flavour and saturated fat . Consume natural cow ghee as it has antioxidants, medium-chain fatty acids, aids digestion and consists of antiviral and antibacterial properties .
Generally, most cheeses are very high in fat; you can consume goat cheese and parmesan cheese which will help you to gain weight naturally. But consume them in moderate quantities .
12. Red Meat
Though red meat is high in cholesterol, it is an effective way to gain weight easily . Meat contains high amounts of protein and iron, and some parts of the meat contain good sources of fats. You can cook red meat in olive oil for a perfectly healthy diet to gain weight .
Now that you are aware of some of the most common and easily available foods that could help promote a healthy weight gain, here are some tips that would help you in the process.
13. Don't Let More Than 4 Hours Go By Without Eating
Your body needs a constant supply of energy and when you skip the meals, you'll deprive the body of the fuel it needs. You can prevent your body from losing important tissue by eating regular meals spaced between three-five hours apart .
14. Eat Several Foods At Once
Always aim to eat three food groups at once. A wide variety of foods like whole grains, fruits and vegetables gives your body several nutrients to work throughout the day .
15. Eat Healthy But Dense Foods
Choose nutrient-rich foods that pack a lot of carbohydrates, protein or fat into a small serving. Also, go for dried fruits with no added sugar or preservatives .
16. Drink Your Food
Though liquids aren't as filling as solid foods when you're trying to gain weight, they can provide you with enough nutrition . Go for smoothie and milkshakes that are prepared at home.
17. Eat Right Before Bed
Healing, repair and regeneration of the body take place while we sleep . Eating a fresh and healthy snack before going to bed gives you enough energy that works on your body while you sleep.
Apart from the aforementioned, some more tips to gain weight in a healthy way is to avoid drinking water before meals, using bigger plates, adding cream to your coffee and getting proper sleep .
On A Final Note…
It is critical to understand that gaining weight the right way and not by hogging on unhealthy foods is a better choice for your body. The best way to gain weight naturally is to go the natural way.
Always remember, moderation is key.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can a woman gain weight in a healthy way?
A. Eat more frequently, choose nutrient-rich foods, try smoothies and shakes, watch when you drink, have an occasional treat and exercise regularly.
Q. Which fruit is good for weight gain?
A. Some fresh fruits, such as avocado and coconut, are good sources of healthy fats, which can help you gain weight. Bananas and mangoes are rich in carbs and calories.
Q. What makes you fat fast?
A. A lack of protein in your diet might be making you gain fat.
- wellnessHealthy Weight Awareness Month: Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight - Key For Good Health
- wellnessThe Ideal Weight For Indians Increased By 5 Kg: Says A New Survey
- disorders cureInternational No Diet Day 2020: What Are Eating Disorders?
- wellnessEverything You Need To Know About Clean Sleeping
- babyWhy Are Some Babies Born With Low Weight?
- wellnessHow To Build Muscle Without Lifting Weights
- prenatalWhat You Should Know About Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- diet fitnessIs Your Healthy Diet Dangerous For You?
- diet fitnessDoes Weightlifting Reduce Or Stunt Height And Stop Growth?
- wellnessYour Diet Controls How Your Body Stores Fats, Not Your Genes
- prenatalFoods That Help Increase The Weight Of Baby In The Womb
- wellnessEating Quickly Can Cause These Health Issues