- 48 min ago Daily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Monsoon Sale: Save Up To 62% On Smart Watches & Wrist Watches For Both Men And Women
- 13 hrs ago Can A Person Live With Dextrocardia? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments For This Rare Congenital Condition
- 14 hrs ago How To Care For Plants During The Monsoon Season: Here Are 5 Tips
- Finance Gold Price Slips Below $1800 As Global Commodities Take A Knock: Check India Rates
- Sports LPL 2022 Draft: Full list of Players Signed, Retained & Released Players List, Full Squads of all Teams
- Technology List Of Best Smartwatches With Calling Features To Buy In India
- News Kaali row: Canadian museum "deeply regrets" offence caused to Hindus
- Automobiles Honda Updates Offers For July 2022: Benefits Up To Rs 27,396
- Movies Chhavi Mittal Claps Back At Troll Who Said She's Trying To Gain Sympathy: I Didn’t Choose Cancer, It Chose Me
- Education Telangana Police SCT SI PC Exam 2022 Dates Announced, Check TSLPRB SCT SI PC Exam Date And Time Details
- Travel Skeleton Coast: The Most Dangerous Coastline In The World
Crash dieting isn't the only way you can lose weight.
In fact, this is one of the worst weight-loss tactics out there because it has a track record of causing you to yo-yo back and gain weight once the dieting period is over.
The better alternative is to employ certain strategies that yield the same result, even if it takes a while, so you emerge on the other end with better habits and a permanent cure for your obesity, like the following that will teach you how to lose weight without dieting.
1. Eat A Nutritious Breakfast
There is a reason why doctors ask us not to skip our breakfast. It's because this first meal of the day not only neutralizes the excess acid secreted by our stomach overnight, it also prevents us from going overboard and eating too much during lunch.
But that does not mean you should make your breakfast a smorgasbord of fatty sausages, bacon, and fries.
Instead, have a nutritious and fibre-rich breakfast, like a bowl of whole-grain cereal or avocado toast with scrambled eggs, which will keep you full until it's lunch time and will give you enough energy to keep going, but not enough to become fat.
2. Have 5 Meals A Day
Numerous studies have found that those who eat multiple small meals throughout the day are more likely to lose weight than those who eat three large meals a day during the conventional meal hours.
Just remember to eat something healthy during your mid-morning and evening snack time, like some fruits, and finish your dinner before 7 o'clock every day to give your digestive tract some time to wind down before bed.
3. Drink More Water
The reason behind this is three-fold.
One, we often end up eating food when we are thirsty, since food items contain some amount of water in them too.
Two, drinking more water keeps us full and prevents untimely hunger pangs from irritating us.
And three, water is essential for the proper functioning of our body, especially the liver, kidneys, brain, and digestive tract.
4. Track Your Footsteps And Train Your Mind
A fascinating study in the United States was done on hotel maids, where one-half were told that their daily housekeeping activities were scientifically considered as intense as hitting the gym, while the other half was not.
After a month, the maids were weighed and it was discovered that more than 60% of the women in the group that had been told their daily job was as good as exercise had lost weight!
This study demonstrates the importance of training your mind to see daily activities in a new light. And fitness trackers work on the same principle, by telling you how many kilometers you have walked in a day based on your total number of footsteps.
On an average, 10,000 footsteps every day is considered enough exercise to help you lose weight in 1 month.
5. Eat More Superfoods
Certain foods are called superfoods because eating them on a regular basis can keep diseases at bay, improve your digestion, and help you reduce your weight.
These superfoods include berries, avocados, whole-grain products, fish, and walnuts.
6. Play A Sport Or Go For Zumba
I speak from personal experience, when I say that playing a sport or dancing is a far better way to lose weight than anything else. And by sport, I mean the one you actually love playing (and yes, swimming is a sport).
You just have to be regular at whatever you choose to do and remember that you will only see results after a few months. But those results will last!
7. Stop Eating So Much Sugar
Numerous studies have proven without a doubt how addictive and fattening sugar is. Maybe that's why the world is facing a never-seen-before epidemic of obesity!
So, do yourself a favour and stop eating sugar. You don't have to go cold turkey, but you can gradually reduce your consumption until your tongue becomes accustomed to picking up the natural sweetness in most foot items.
8. Build Some Muscles
Ladies, before you skip this point, read this: women and men are fundamentally different in their physiology. Therefore, you will never bulk up the way a man will when you both do the same weightlifting exercise.
Instead, you should lift weight and tone up because muscles consume a lot of energy throughout the day for their upkeep, which spikes your metabolism and burns through your fat stores.
Share This Article!
Found this useful? Then share it so your friends can read it too.
- wellness10 High Fibre Vegetables To Lose Weight Easily
- diet fitness11 Simple Changes In Diet To Lose Weight
- wellnessHow To Lose Weight In Your Sleep Naturally?
- diet fitnessHow To Detox Your Diet By Eating More
- diet fitnessThe Watermelon Diet For Weight Loss
- diet fitness17 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Weight Loss Goals
- diet fitnessWhy Is It So Hard To Lose Weight?
- diet fitness10 Best Ways To Lose Weight At Work
- diet fitness20 Simple Steps To Lose Belly Fat Fast (That Really Work!)
- diet fitness8 Diet Tips That Don't Work
- diet fitness11 Worst Ways To Lose Weight You Probably Didn't Know
- diet fitness10 Surprising Reasons Why You Are Not Losing Weight Fast