- 12 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 13 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 14 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 1 day ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Sports PKL 2019: U Mumba clinch opener against hosts Telugu Titans
- Movies Madhur Bhandarkar’s Indu Sarkar To Be Included In The National Film Archives: Read Details
- News Dikshit's last instruction: Protest at BJP office if standoff between Priyanka, UP govt goes on
- Automobiles Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Avocados are nature's gift to man!
These creamy green jewels are full of healthy fats that are not only great for weight loss but also effective at lowering your blood pressure.
So, here are all the reasons why you should add avocados to your diet and how you can lose weight with this fruit.
7 Reasons Why You Should Add Avocados to Your Diet
1. Avocados are great for keeping hunger pangs at bay.
2. They can aid in muscle growth, which boosts your resting metabolism.
3. They are full of heart-healthy mono-saturated fatty acids.
4. They can lower your cholesterol level.
5. Avocados are rich in vitamins, especially the B complex vitamins (which fight off infections) and vitamin C (which prevents cancer).
6. They contain a lot of fiber, which keeps you full for a longer period of time.
7. One avocado contains twice as much potassium in it as compared to one banana.
The following are 5 delicious ways to eat an avocado.
#1 Avocado Coconut Milkshake
This is an interesting milkshake, to say the least. And to make it, all you need is one ripe avocado, half a cup of coconut milk, a few drops of vanilla extract, some water, and a few ice cubes (if you like your milkshake chilled).
Here's how you can make it:-
- Cut the avocado and discard its seed.
- Scoop out the pulp and put it in a blender.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and ice cubes.
- Blend everything until its smooth.
- Drink it.
#2 Strawberry, Avocado & Banana Smoothie
This delicious smoothie can serve as a meal replacement drink, and can also keep you full for a long time!
You will need: 1/4 cup of milk + 1 cup of fresh strawberries + 1 ripe banana + 1/4 avocado + a few drops of vanilla extract.
Here's how you can make it:-
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy!
#3 Avocado and Chickpea Salad
This is one of the most delicious ways of including avocados in your diet.
You will need: A handful of pre-soaked chickpeas + 1/2 a cucumber + 1/2 an avocado + 1 tomato + 1 lemon + some salt to taste + 2 tbsps of buttermilk or yogurt + a sprig of coriander.
Here's how you can make this salad:-
- Boil the pre-soaked chickpeas until they are soft, and then drain them out.
- Cut the cucumber, tomato, and avocado into little cubes.
- In a bowl, add the cubed veggies and chickpeas, and then squeeze some lemon juice all over it.
- Add the buttermilk (or yogurt) to this and then sprinkle some salt all over.
- Mix everything well.
- Finely chop the sprig of coriander and add to the salad.
- Your healthy fresh salad is ready.
#4 Avocado Oil
Avocado oil is a healthy cooking medium for those planning to lose some weight.
It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that can reduce tummy fat and also has a high smoking point, which makes it perfect for stir-fries and sautés.
#5 Avocado Dip
Avocados have a naturally creamy consistency when they are ripe. Therefore, they are the perfect alternative to mayonnaise and butter!
To prepare this at home, you will need: 1 ripe avocado + 1/2 tsp cumin powder (a.k.a jeera) + 1/2 tsp garlic powder + 1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp black pepper + 1/2 tsp yogurt.
Here's how you can prepare it:-
- Cut the avocado and remove its seed.
- Scoop out the pulp and mash it in a bowl with a spoon.
- Add all the seasonings and mix well.
- Your delicious avocado dip is ready!
- Avocados can help you lose weight by cutting down your hunger pangs and increasing your basal metabolism.
- There are many delicious ways you can eat an avocado, but the best ones are avocado toast and avocado coconut milkshake!