Imagine this, you go shopping and your eye catches a sexy mini skirt which you absolutely love! However, when you try it on, you start to feel self-conscious because your thighs are showing and you do not like how they look!
While it is true that every person, especially women, must accept their bodies the way they are and love every part of their body, as long as they are healthy, it is also true that every woman still yearns to be fit and have a shapely figure.
Whatever the reason could be to want to have a shapely figure, at the end, as long as women are doing it the healthy way, it is indeed a positive goal to have it!
For the thighs to look more shapely, one must concentrate on building the muscles around that area, especially the muscles of the upper thighs.
So, if you are a woman who wants to have shapely thighs right at home, here are 3 simple exercises which can help!
Lunges are a simple and effective type of exercise which can help strengthen your thigh muscles, as well as your buttocks, to give them both a great shape.
How to Do This At Home
- Stand straight with your feet together.
- Bring your right leg forward, with both your feet firmly fixed on the ground.
- Now, bend both your knees and push your body down, so that your left knee touches the ground and your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Ensure that your upper body is upright and you are looking straight ahead.
- Now, slowly come up and bring your right leg back to its original position.
- This completes one side, now repeat the same process by bringing the left leg forward.
- Repeat this exercise in 3 rounds, with 10 repetitions for each leg (30 repetitions for each leg totally).
2. Bench Jumps
This exercise is very effective and powerful, as it strengthens and build muscles of the entire leg, including the thighs and calves, to make them shapely. Bench jumps can also burn a lot of calories!
How to Do This At Home
- Place a strong bench or a stool of about 2 feet in front of you.
- Stand in front of the stool, with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Now, squat down with your knees bent, as if you are going to sit in a chair.
- Next, by applying all the force on your body and legs, jump up on to the stool.
- Climb back on to the floor and repeat the process. Do 30 repetitions.
- Ensure that you start slowly, with a stool of lesser height, if you do not feel safe enough.
3. Donkey Kicks
This exercise is extremely simple, yet highly effective if you want to strengthen your thigh muscles and even give a great shape to your buttocks!
How To Do This At Home
- Get on the exercise mat, on all your fours, like a baby crawl position.
- Ensure that your chest and abdomen are parallel to the ground, and your back remains straight.
- Now, lift your left leg as high as possible and bring it back down slowly.
- Repeat the same process with the right leg.
- Repeat this process, 30 counts for each leg.
Caution: Before Your Begin
1. Before performing any of the above-mentioned exercises, do check with your doctor to avoid health complications, especially if you are already suffering from an ailment.
2. A healthy diet and regular jogging or running can further increase the effectiveness of these exercises.
Share This Article!
Don't just keep this wholesome goodness to yourself. Share it, so your friends can read it too.
Read Next: 10 Bad Habits That Can Kill You!
- Effective Remedies To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs Naturally
- Best Ways To Lose Thigh/Leg Fat With Ease
- Ginger Water Remedy To Burn Fat From Hips, Thighs And Waist
- 10 Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Inner Thighs!
- Eliminate Belly, Thigh, Arm & Back Fat With These Natural Remedies Using Sodium Bicarbonate
- Flaunt Your Skinny Thighs In No Time: Eat These 10 Foods To Slim Down Your Thighs!
- Supta Padangusthasana (Reclining Hand To Big Toe Pose) For Backache & Strengthening Thigh Muscles
- Anantasana (Side Reclining Leg Lift) To Lose Hip & Thigh Weight
- How To Burn That Excess Thigh, Hip & Waist Fat With Ginger Water
- Ways You Can Get Slimmer Thighs
- 5 Natural Oils You Can Use To Get Shiny Legs
- Changes In Leg/Foot That Can Indicate Serious Health Issues
- What Exactly Are Muscle Cramps?