- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Biggest ‘War’ Of My Life Was To Lose Weight After Super 30
- Sports Snap judgment: Fan who took selfie with Mbappe fined and banned
- Technology Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design Announced With 5G Support For 2095 Euros
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Adding salads made up of fresh veggies can surely be the best you can do when preparing a meal menu while you are on a weight loss regime. However, does eating salad every day help you lose weight in a healthy manner?
When following a weight loss program, it is always essential to know what should be your weight loss diet. Adding salads and fresh fruits to your diet is definitely worthwhile, but having just these, is definitely not.
If you tend to eat just salads at every meal time, assuming that it will be good for you in losing those extra pounds, then wait, think again, you could be just depriving your body of all the nutrients that it requires to function in a healthy manner.
You would have come across several people who are crazy about reaching a size-zero target and hence tend to indulge themselves in only salads during each meal time.
What happens to them ultimately, you might ask? Well, they surely lose some weight but at the cost of a pale and unhealthy look.
How To Prepare A Salad That Can Be Nutritious?
If you are looking forward to losing weight, then incorporating salads in your daily diet can be extremely helpful. Salads containing leafy vegetables can turn out to be delicious as well as healthy.
Salads are a low-calorie serving, hence highly recommended by dietitians in order to lose weight. But the trick is preparing a healthy salad, as not every salad is healthy.
Just assuming that eating a salad during each meal will take you far in losing weight is actually a myth. It is true that eating a salad is much better than indulging in a high-calorie snack, but this is true as long as you eat a salad that contains enough nutrients.
What Is A Healthy Diet?
Eating your salad is important, but eating only a salad can lead to physical weakness due to lack of important nutrients. A healthy diet is made up of salads as well as other wholesome dishes.
You should keep in mind that the salad you eat needs to be low in calories as well as provide you all the nutrients that your body needs. If you are unable to create a salad in a healthy way, then it is advisable that you bring in other dishes in your meal menu alongside the salad.
Preparing A Healthy Salad When On A Weight Lose Regime
Depriving yourself of nutrients in order to lose weight can harm your body in several ways. So, when you create your salad, there are certain pointers that you should keep in mind.
• Avoid using the iceberg lettuce
• The choice for your salad base is important. Consider using spinach, which is low in calorie as well as is highly nutritious.
• If the salad is your main dish, then prepare two to three cups of greens. One cup is advised when the salad is a side dish.
• Preparing your salad using kale lettuce will give you a good supply of vitamin C and vitamin K, which will help you develop a strong immune system along with strong bones. Vitamin K is also known for its high blood-clotting abilities.
How To Turn Your Salad Into A Satisfying Meal?
Just having leafy greens in your salad may not fill your tummy. To make a salad into a wholesome and satisfying dish, you can consider topping it with grilled cottage cheese.
Grilled chicken breast used as a salad topping can also serve as a great fulfilling main dish. You can also add chickpeas or other beans to your salad. Adding finely chopped raw veggies, such as broccoli florets, sliced carrots, tomatoes or avocados can boost the level of fibre in the salad.
Dietitians advise that you should consider switching the ingredients that you use to construct your salad daily. You can swap the toppings used for each salad. This way, you can cut out the monotony.
Giving your salad a fresh take daily will also prevent your taste buds from being bored of the same flavour.
Making the salad a side dish can help you reduce your portions of other dishes. However, if decreasing your weight is your prime goal, then it is essential that you prepare a salad that contains lean protein and fresh veggies rather than toppings that are high in calories such as cheddar cheese. If you want your salad to have that tangy feel, you can choose to spray some lemon juice.
People following a weight-loss program should also keep in mind that eating salads daily doesn't give you the green signal to munch on junk food. You should still stay away from high-calorie stuff to ensure that your weight loss regime is not affected in any manner.
In short, incorporating a healthy salad alongside a nutritious meal accompanied with mild exercises or yoga can take you a long way in your weight loss goal achievements.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.