- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 15 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 15 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- Finance LIC Launches Special Campaign, To Revive Lapsed Policies
- News 1st suspected case of Monkeypox detected in pet Dog: What to Know
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Movies Kiran Yogeshwar On Her Bigg Boss Kannada OTT Journey: I Did Experience Language Barrier Yet Gave My Best
- Sports Elon Musk to buy Manchester United?
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Going on the ketogenic diet, popularly known as the "keto" diet is all the rage these days and we would know someone who is on this diet, if not for ourselves, right?
Well, a number of such diets aimed at weight loss have become popular and have faded out through the years because people keep experimenting with diets.
These days, a number of research studies have been conducted to understand what helps people lose weight faster and in a healthy way.
So, it was found that, cutting out all the unhealthy carbohydrates, completely from the diet, can enable a quicker and a more effective weight loss - this is the essence of a ketogenic diet.
In other words, a ketogenic diet involves consuming foods that are low in carbohydrate content, so the ketones are produced in the liver, which allow the body to use up the fat cells for energy.
People who follow the keto diet know that they must avoid foods like white bread and white rice completely; however, there are some surprising foods as well that they should avoid for this diet to be effective.
Here are some of the surprising ketogenic diet foods you must avoid.
Grapes are tiny, tasty fruits, which are loved by many and also healthy because they are loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C and are low in calories.
However, it can be a wrong choice of fruit for people who are following the keto diet, as grapes contain a higher amount of fructose than certain other fruits, like lemons. So, grapes do contain unhealthy carbohydrates, which could affect the results of your keto diet.
Many people following the ketogenic diet feel that they should only avoid carbohydrates and consuming other foods in minimum quantities is alright. So, they do tend to consume foods like cheese on a regular basis.
However, the fat content in cheese can affect the ketosis process in the body and come in the way of your diet, slowing down the results.
3. Wheat Bread
People following the keto diet avoid white bread because they know that white bread is loaded with unhealthy carbohydrates, so they substitute white bread with wheat/brown bread.
However, the fact is that wheat bread also contains enough amount of carbohydrates that can affect the results of your keto diet negatively.
Oats are very heathy grains, which are usually consumed for breakfast and they come with a number of health benefits. Boosting energy, aiding detoxification of the body, reducing constipation, etc., are some of them.
However, if you are on a keto diet, you can avoid consuming oats, as they too are quite rich in carbohydrate content, which can affect the ketosis process of the body and come in the way of the keto diet.
Banana is a healthy fruit, loaded with potassium, which can improve brain functions and also the energy of the body. However, along with potassium, bananas are also rich in carbohydrate content, so people on a keto diet must avoid bananas if they want to see effective results. Bananas can be substituted with other fruits like watermelon, which are low in carbohydrate content.
Most of us feel that corn is a healthy vegetable which contains a number of nutrients like proteins, vitamins and minerals. While it is true that corn is a good food for people who are not a keto diet, it can prove to be negative for people following a ketogenic diet. Corn is also rich in carbohydrate content, which can affect the effectiveness of your diet and hence must be avoided.
Honey is a healthy substitute for sugar, which a number of people on various weight loss diets and diabetes diets consume, when they want their dishes to taste sweeter. However, it may not work well for people who are on a ketogenic diet, as the fructose content in honey makes it a high-carb ingredient which can slow down the weight loss process.
8. Sugary Drinks
When a person is on a strict diet, he/she tends to feel thirsty often because the body is constantly craving for fuel in the form of food or water. So, you may also crave for sugary drinks like soft drinks, hot beverages, fruit juices, etc.
However, even consuming fruit juices can be bad for the keto diet, as the sugar content in these can disrupt the diet and weight loss process.
Most of us know that carrots are one of the healthiest vegetables, loaded with vitamins and minerals, and come with a number of amazing health benefits, right? But, they can prove to be a negative food for people on a keto diet, as they too contain a high amount of carbohydrates. Consuming carrots in moderation, however, may not affect the ketosis process negatively.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, don't forget to share it!
- nutrition7 Health Benefits Of Concord Grapes
- nutritionGrapes: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks & Ways To Eat
- wellnessBenefits Of Concord Grapes For Kidney Health
- nutrition10 Health Benefits Of Grape Seeds You Should Know
- skin careGet Glowing Skin With These Grape Face Packs
- diet fitnessAre Grapes Bad For You When Trying To Lose Weight?
- nutrition12 Best Foods For Liver Infection
- wellnessGrape Compounds Can Kill Colon Cancer Cells
- nutritionBest And Natural Foods For The Pancreas
- nutritionIt's The Season Of Grapes & Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Eat Grapes
- beautyDiy - Grapes And Gram Flour Hydrating Face Mask For Summer
- disorders cureWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Eat Grapes Everyday?