- 1 hr ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 3 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 3 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- News Parliament approves ship recycling bill passed in RS today
- Sports South Asian Games: Indian women's football team clinches third successive SAG gold, beats Nepal 2-0
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Nowadays, there are a lot of ways to lose weight, from going on a detox diet to weight loss shakes and, not to forget, dieting too. People who want to lose weight try out multiple methods to lose weight but alas, they end up getting disappointed because of the undesired results.
Keeping yourself fit and healthy requires nutrition, cardiovascular workout and resistance training. These three important things are required to lose weight but many don't follow it, instead they end up doing the wrong things that doesn't speed up the weight loss process.
Dieting is one such method that half of the percentage of people do it to lose weight. But, do you know dieting is one of the worst ways for losing weight and has serious health consequences too?
If your weight loss strategies are not correct, it may leave you miserable and it will take you months or may be years to shed off those unwanted pounds.
So, have a look at some of the worst ways to lose weight.
1. Relying On Fad Diets
If you are trying to focus on only eating one or two foods, it won't help you in losing weight. Quick-fixes like drinking shakes for seven weeks is one of the worst ways to lose weight. Substitute a meal with a home-made protein smoothie and avoid cutting carbs from your diet.
2. Skipping Meals
If you are on a weight loss regimen, do not skip meals, as you will be devoid of many essential nutrients. Skipping meals will rob your body of the essential nutrients that you should be getting to stay healthy and fit and also will help to strengthen the immune system.
3. Overdoing High-Intensity Exercises
If you love doing high-intensity exercise, just be careful that you do not overdo these exercises. High-intensity workouts require a lot of energy and strength and if your body doesn't have enough fuel to workout, it can backfire causing to store fat and burn more protein.
4. Juice Cleanse Diet
Going on a juice cleanse diet is one of the worst ways in losing weight. Juices have vitamins and minerals but zero protein; protein is required in building muscle mass. So, you will lose muscle mass and not the fat, which is stored in your body. This came as a shocking fact, isn't it?
5. Eating Fat-Free Foods
If you have been omitting out all the fats from your weight loss diet, then you are making a big mistake. Healthy fats present in olive oil, avocado, eggs and other foods will provide the body with essential fats. Not having enough of these fats will leave you with mental fatigue, pale skin and hunger cravings.
6. Cutting Out Carbohydrates
If you are eliminating all the foods rich in carbohydrates, then it is another worst way to lose weight. Carbohydrate is a part of the food group which contains vital nutrients that your body needs to function. If you cut down on carbs, you might feel an increase in hunger pangs which will eventually make you eat more.
7. Eating Only Protein Foods
Protein-rich foods may help you lose water weight in the short-term, but not in the long run. Eating only foods which are rich in protein is not effective at helping you drop pounds. This will result in binge-eating and you will feel more heavier than before.
8. Exercising On An Empty Stomac
If you do not have a small meal before hitting the gym, you will more likely to end up losing muscle mass than fat tissues. Fuelling up your body before going to the gym is important, as it will give you the energy to burn those extra pounds.
9. Not Eating Omega-3 Fats
Omega-3 fatty acids present in walnuts, chia seeds and salmon play a very important role in weight loss. Having these foods will help you keep yourself satiated, lower your bad cholesterol and blood sugar. The omega-3 fatty acids are healthy fats and will not harm your body in any way.
10. Choosing The Wrong Yogurt
Yogurt is a wonderful dairy product filled with probiotics. Yogurt has many essential nutrients that helps in weight loss. But, you should also remember to choose natural yogurt and not flavoured one, which contains added sugars that will increase the sugar levels in your body.
11. Eating The Wrong Salads
Having a bowl of salad during your weight loss routine is a healthier choice. But, this becomes unhealthier if you add shredded cheese or a salad dressing to your green salad. Instead, add nuts, olive oil or avocado as a topping in your salad.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
ALSO READ: 10 Foods Bad For Your Heart