- 38 min ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams TikTok For Removing Their Video: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- Movies Samantha Akkineni Refuses To Be A Part Of This Ambitious Remake?
- News Kopardi rape case: Pro-Maratha outfit seeks speedy justice in
- Sports Champions League preview: Liverpool face tricky test at Salzburg
- Technology Massive Asteroid Approaching Earth At 44,172 Km/h; Should You Worry?
- Travel Northern India By Rail | A Five Day Circular Trip
- Finance Yes Bank Falls On Reports Of Jhunjhunwala Shelving Investment Plan In The Bank
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Are you struggling to get enough protein in your diet for weight loss? If yes, then you are not increasing the adequate amount of protein. An adult requires 0.8-1.2 grams of protein per kg of body weight. Protein is essential for satiety because it keeps you full for a longer period of time.
Protein aids in weight loss and modulates the blood glucose levels in the body. Protein is also made up of amino acids, which are necessary for making neurotransmitters in the brain.
Incorporating protein in your diet will make your immune system stronger and also reduce the risk of diseases and infection. It also helps in repairing the muscles of the body and prevents damage, especially when you are working out.
The Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) for protein is 50 grams per day. It can be a challenge to include protein seamlessly into your diet. So, here are the 10 ways on how to increase protein intake to lose weight.
1. Plain Yogurt
If you like having flavoured yogurt, then you need to stop eating it right now. It has tons of additives and is loaded with sugar. Opt for plain yogurt that you can have up to almost 20 grams of protein per serving. Jump-start your morning with yogurt!
Cereals have very little protein and they are not good for your health. Instead of having cereals for breakfast, make it a point to include eggs in your diet. They are fat-burning foods and make a delicious meal too. You can cook it in different ways like scrambled or hard-boiled, which otherwise becomes monotonous.
3. Add Nuts In Your Salad
Adding nuts in your salad makes a great crunch element as well as they are packed with protein and antioxidants. Adding a variety of nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc., are some of the nuts that will increase your protein intake.
Many people miss out on drinking a glass of milk daily. Milk is one of the best muscle foods with high protein constituting about 20 percent of whey and 80 percent of casein. Both of them are high-quality proteins, but whey is known as a fast protein because it is quickly broken down into amino acids and absorbed into the bloodstream.
5. Lentil Soup
If you are looking out for numerous ways to increase the protein in your soup. Add lentils, which is a staple food for vegetarians, as they don't consume meat. A handful of lentils can be added in your vegetable soup to increase your protein intake. They will fill your stomach instantly.
6. Quinoa And Black Beans
If you are craving for a burger while you are on a weight loss diet, then you can quickly whip yourself a home-made vegetable burger within minutes. Vegetable burgers with quinoa and black beans are packed with fibre and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Forget consuming the fatty mayonnaise and cheese, even if you crave for them. You can satisfy your taste buds with something more creamy like hummus and team it up with a sandwich. The chickpeas in hummus are packed with full of protein and it has zero calories.
8. Lean Meat
Lean meat which is high in protein are shrimp, tilapia fish, scallops, tuna, lean ground beef, chicken breast, among others. They consist of heavy-duty nutrients and nine essential amino acids. You can have grilled chicken which is very effective to any weight loss meal plan.
Green peas have about 8 grams of protein per cup. It is sweet in nature, which blends well with any dish. You can add peas in soups, stews or you can blend them into dips and hummus to boost up your protein intake.
10. Peanut Butter With Fruits
Fruits are rich in antioxidants, nutrients and fibre and are low in protein, whereas peanut butter is delicious and a high-protein food. If you spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on a sliced fruit, it will boost the total protein content by 8 grams.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your friends.