- 30 min ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 9 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 9 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 11 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Plant-based diets are becoming increasingly popular over the years. Health-conscious people are increasingly hungry for high-quality plant-based protein foods.
Quality protein foods are necessary for a healthy and balanced diet. A high intake of plant-based protein foods is said to lower the risk of coronary heart disease.
Proteins are the building blocks of cells in the body, which is made up of amino acids that the body uses in every bodily functions. Eating animal protein like eggs, dairy products and meat products is what the body already knows on how to process it.
But, plant-based protein is less digestible for the human body. Plants contain all the 20 amino acids and are essential for the body.
There are some people who opt for only plant-based protein foods for weight loss. If you want to lose weight with this method, this article will interest you.
Read on to know the best plant-based protein foods for weight loss.
Spirulina is an algae superfood. It is a plant-based protein which is a powerhouse of nutrients. Spirulina contains 39 grams of protein in just a serving. Its benefits include heavy metal detox, HIV/AIDS improvement and preventing cancer.
Tempeh is another plant-based protein food. It contains 18 grams of protein in a serving. Some people like to eat it with soy sauce. Since tempeh absorbs the neighbouring flavours, you can use it with almost any recipe.
3. Nutritional Yeast
Nutritional yeast contains about 9 grams of protein per serving. And this is not the yeast that helps to bake bread. Unlike other plant-based foods, it is usually packed with vitamin B12. Use nutritional yeast like a condiment in dishes.
4. Pumpkin Seeds
A cup of pumpkin seeds contains 12 grams of protein and they are also high in healthy fat, magnesium, lysine and zinc. It could be a good plant-based protein food for weight loss. But ensure that you consume the seeds in lesser quantities because it contains 264 calories.
5. Hemp Seeds
Hemp seeds contain 9 grams of protein in a serving. The seeds are also a complete amino acid profile. Hemp seeds have gamma-linoleic acid, which has several health benefits, from reducing inflammation to preventing diseases.
Quinoa is another ancient grain, which is loaded with amazing nutrients. It contains 8 grams of protein per serving. So, if you are looking for a plant-based protein food, quinoa is the best option.
7. Black Beans
Black beans are an awesome plant-based protein food. It contains 15 grams of protein per serving. Black beans also contain two amino acids called lysine and leucine, which are rarely found in plant-based protein foods. These amino acids help in weight loss and in metabolism management.
8. Green Peas
Green peas have 9 grams of protein per serving. They contain significant amounts of leucine, lysine and glutamine. Green peas are one of the high-fibre foods that help to decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Lentils are part of the legume family and will provide your body with great nutrients. Lentils contain 18 grams of protein. They also contain 20 amino acids. Try eating lentils as a part of your plant-based protein diet for losing weight.
Amaranth grains are an excellent source of nutrition. It is a complete protein, which contains 9 grams of protein per serving. Amaranth is also packed with high amounts of manganese.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.