- 8 hrs ago What Are Phytonutrients? What Are Their Benefits To Human Health?
- 11 hrs ago Mars Transit in Pisces On 17 May 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 13 hrs ago Cannes Film Festival's First Female President: Iris Knobloch
- 15 hrs ago World Hypertension Day: Hypertension, Holistic Healthcare Through Ayurveda And Yoga (Expert Article)
- News Explained: Gyanvapi Mosque row and the relevance of the Places of Worship Act
- Sports MI vs SRH IPL 2022: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Scorecard, Records
- Movies Nakuul Mehta Says He Hasn't Switched On TV For The Last 2 Years After His Son Was Born For THIS Reason
- Finance This Is How RBI’s DigiSaathi Will Help You
- Education World AIDS Vaccine Day 2022: History, Significance And Quotes About HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- Travel Best Museums In Bangalore
- Automobiles Keeway K-Light 250V, Viesta 300 & Sixties 300i Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Technology OnePlus Ace Racing Edition Spotted On India’s Official Website; Launch Expected Soon
Plant-based diets are becoming increasingly popular over the years. Health-conscious people are increasingly hungry for high-quality plant-based protein foods.
Quality protein foods are necessary for a healthy and balanced diet. A high intake of plant-based protein foods is said to lower the risk of coronary heart disease.
Proteins are the building blocks of cells in the body, which is made up of amino acids that the body uses in every bodily functions. Eating animal protein like eggs, dairy products and meat products is what the body already knows on how to process it.
But, plant-based protein is less digestible for the human body. Plants contain all the 20 amino acids and are essential for the body.
There are some people who opt for only plant-based protein foods for weight loss. If you want to lose weight with this method, this article will interest you.
Read on to know the best plant-based protein foods for weight loss.
Spirulina is an algae superfood. It is a plant-based protein which is a powerhouse of nutrients. Spirulina contains 39 grams of protein in just a serving. Its benefits include heavy metal detox, HIV/AIDS improvement and preventing cancer.
Tempeh is another plant-based protein food. It contains 18 grams of protein in a serving. Some people like to eat it with soy sauce. Since tempeh absorbs the neighbouring flavours, you can use it with almost any recipe.
3. Nutritional Yeast
Nutritional yeast contains about 9 grams of protein per serving. And this is not the yeast that helps to bake bread. Unlike other plant-based foods, it is usually packed with vitamin B12. Use nutritional yeast like a condiment in dishes.
4. Pumpkin Seeds
A cup of pumpkin seeds contains 12 grams of protein and they are also high in healthy fat, magnesium, lysine and zinc. It could be a good plant-based protein food for weight loss. But ensure that you consume the seeds in lesser quantities because it contains 264 calories.
5. Hemp Seeds
Hemp seeds contain 9 grams of protein in a serving. The seeds are also a complete amino acid profile. Hemp seeds have gamma-linoleic acid, which has several health benefits, from reducing inflammation to preventing diseases.
Quinoa is another ancient grain, which is loaded with amazing nutrients. It contains 8 grams of protein per serving. So, if you are looking for a plant-based protein food, quinoa is the best option.
7. Black Beans
Black beans are an awesome plant-based protein food. It contains 15 grams of protein per serving. Black beans also contain two amino acids called lysine and leucine, which are rarely found in plant-based protein foods. These amino acids help in weight loss and in metabolism management.
8. Green Peas
Green peas have 9 grams of protein per serving. They contain significant amounts of leucine, lysine and glutamine. Green peas are one of the high-fibre foods that help to decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Lentils are part of the legume family and will provide your body with great nutrients. Lentils contain 18 grams of protein. They also contain 20 amino acids. Try eating lentils as a part of your plant-based protein diet for losing weight.
Amaranth grains are an excellent source of nutrition. It is a complete protein, which contains 9 grams of protein per serving. Amaranth is also packed with high amounts of manganese.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- nutritionHealth Benefits Of Samak Rice (Barnyard Millet): How Is It Different From Regular Rice?
- recipesEggs On Sunday: How To Make Protein-Packed Egg Bread Toast For Breakfast
- recipesSaturday Night Dinner Recipe: How To Make Heart-Healthy Chicken Pasta
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale: Huge Discounts On Whey And Plant-Based Protein Powders, Shop From Top Nutrition Brands
- nutritionWhy You Should Add Black Beans To Your Diet
- wellnessWho Is A Pescatarian? Benefits Of A Pescatarian Diet, Its Drawbacks, What To Eat And Other Details
- diabetesSoybean And Diabetes: Know How It Helps Control Glucose Levels
- wellnessWhy Duck Eggs Can Be A Better Alternative To Chicken Eggs?
- prenatal12 Protein-Rich Foods For Pregnant Women
- kidsWinter Diet For Kids: Foods You Must Include And Avoid Giving You Children During Winters
- pregnancy parentingBest Drinks to Have And Avoid During Pregnancy
- nutrition44 Vegetarian Foods With Highest Protein For Everyday Diet