- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 12 hrs ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 12 hrs ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- Movies Pattas Box Office Final Collections: The Dhanush Starrer Ends Up As A Profitable Venture!
- Technology Upcoming Budget Flagship Smartphones To Arrive In India This Year
- News Why are wildlife activists upset with Rajinikanth's 'Man vs Wild' episode
- Sports ICC U19 World Cup: India trounce Australia by 74 runs; enter semifinals
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Obesity is one of the main causes of heart failure, cardiovascular diseases and other such health problems. Consumers are often in the confusion of choosing healthy foods which are low in fat, sugar and carbohydrates.
Choosing the right calories is essential for your body to maintain a healthy body weight. If you are thinking of losing weight, you should start consuming low-calorie foods.
The simple formula for eating low-calorie foods is to stock-up on low-calorie staples in your kitchen cabinet and then planning your food list accordingly.
The simplest thing is to make each spoonful count by choosing foods that are low in calories, and will also fill you up. This method will enable weight loss.
Here is a list of 10 low-calorie foods for weight loss. Take a look.
Salad is one of the low-calorie foods, which helps in weight loss. Salad is made of green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, broccoli, tomatoes and olives, all of which contain vitamin C and antioxidants. While having green leafy veggies, you should steam them before consuming.
Apples contain pectin, a substance that keeps you feeling full for longer period of time. They contain fibre that fills up your stomach very fast. You can either add them in your oatmeal or have it as a fruit salad. You can even add them in sandwiches for a touch of sweetness.
Strawberries are low in calories and are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. A cup of strawberries will take you down by 50 calories. You can chop them up in your salad, blend them into a smoothie or have it with yogurt.
Oatmeal absorbs a lot of water and is loaded with fibre, both of which make it an excellent food to ward away those hunger pangs. Oatmeal is also a low-calorie food, which is perfect for weight loss and the best food to have for your breakfast.
100 grams of eggs contain just 52 calories and those calories are packed with protein. Have boiled eggs for your breakfast or you can have scrambled eggs too, which is just only 80 calories. Don't throw away the egg yolks though, as it has more protein.
Although potatoes are high in carbohydrates, they also stave off hunger for longer and are packed with vitamins too. You can either steam the potatoes or roast them in oven with the skin, which will make for a delicious energy snack.
Chicken breast is a low-calorie food and I am sure you did not know that. 100 grams of chicken breast uses up 100 calories only. And the bonus point is that the body requires more energy to digest chicken, thus burning even more calories.
Rajma is healthy, packed with protein, fibre and filled with low-calorie goodness. Half a cup of kidney beans or rajma will have 100 calories and since they are complex carbohydrates, your body will result in sustained energy levels.
Mushrooms make for a great meat substitute. Whether you grill it or roast it, they add up to a mere 25 calories for 100 grams. They are also rich in zinc and potassium that help in regulating various functions of the body.
10. Cruciferous Vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage that are high in fibre and tend to be incredibly fulfilling. They are also loaded with protein and a combination of protein and fibre. Low energy density makes cruciferous vegetables the perfect foods for weight loss.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.