- 13 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 14 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 15 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 15 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- News India-US bilateral defence trade to reach $18 billion this year: Pentagon
- Sports India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Live Update: India look to sweep series at Ranchi
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Yes, you're getting older. But this does not imply that you need to take weight gain as a part of life.
During your teens or twenties, losing weight is as simple as anything that you ever thought of. But as you age, the decrease in the metabolic rate will prevent this from happening.
Whatever that we used to follow as a part of our diet plan and workout plan may not actually work like before, during our younger days.
For women, in particular, hormonal changes occur after the age of 40. This also includes menopause and this can make weight loss a difficult task.
But just because you're alone, it doesn't mean you need to resign yourself to the weight gain doom. Weight loss after 40 is actually possible and you can do without having to struggle for it.
In this article, we have listed some of the top tips for weight loss for women who are post 40. Read further to know everything about losing weight after 40.
1. Start Weight Training:
A little muscle goes a long way when it comes to your weight and health. Women generally have lesser natural muscle mass and ageing can deplete whatever little muscle mass they have. Building some muscle with light-weight training routine can help you burn some calories.
2. Keep A Journal:
Journal helps in keeping a track of and in maintaining your weight. Consistently keeping a track of what you eat helps you enjoy nearly a 50% greater weight loss strategy. This is one of the best tips for weight loss over 40.
2. Take A Daily Walk:
Adding a daily walk to your routine helps you in achieving healthier weight. Staying active can help you burn more calories and lower the chances of you suffering from an injury.
3. Up Your Omega 3s:
If you want to see the size of your waist getting smaller, then you must add some fish to your diet. Adding foods with omega 3s helps in losing weight fast, it keeps it off for longer and also limits your hunger pangs. This will let you know how to lose weight over 40.
4. Turn Up The Fibre Intake:
Hormonal changes can create problems in your weight and waistline as you age. But boosting the amount of fibre will actually help you in losing weight. Further, fibre-rich foods also help in banishing the bloated belly and quicken the digestion process.
5. Skip The Sweetness:
You need to skip the sweetness while you're growing old. Researches have also found a link between artificial sweeteners and obesity with excess belly fat. Skipping on sweetness is one of the best tips for losing weight after 40 fast.
6. Add In A Leg Day:
Adding a leg day can help you tone your lower half and make you get rid of the unwanted pounds. It helps to increase your muscle tone and also burns more calories.
7. Sip Some Green Tea:
A little green tea every day helps big time with weight loss. Researches have also suggested that adding green tea to your diet can increase your fat-burning ability by a whopping 12%.