- 8 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Finale: Kareena Kapoor Khan Brings Alive Old Hollywood Glamour With Her Classy Look
- 40 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Genelia D'Souza Demonstrates Why Smokey Eye Look Is A Classic
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day : Disha Patani Walked The Ramp In An Exotic Blue Eye Look
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Malaika Arora’s Ravishing Gown Can Intimidate Even The Seasoned Fashionistas
- News Out on bail, Bulandshahr violence accused gets hero welcome
- Sports PKL 2019: Hosts Dabang Delhi clinched comfortable win over UP Yoddha
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
When your bones become weak, even sitting straight becomes impossible. When osteoporosis hits, even simple acts like sitting, standing and walking start becoming tough.
Estimates suggest that more than 10% of the people above the age of 50 tend to suffer osteoporosis. Is it inevitable to suffer? No, you can prevent it by taking care of diet and activity levels.
Do you know how the bones and the bone cage work? Well, they tend to adjust themselves depending upon your activity levels and diet. Yes, they remodel themselves. After a particular age, your bone mass starts declining.
Also, remove the risk factors like smoking, drinking alcohol and staying inactive. Here are some more facts that help in preventing osteoporosis.
What A New Study Says
A new study claims that doing one or two minutes of exercise on a daily basis can do a lot of good to your bones. This will also minimise the chances of bone fractures during old age.
How Much Of Activity Can Help
Researchers claim that even short bursts of intense activity also helps. Even running for 2 minutes every day also helps. Even a slow jog can also help improve your bone health.
How Much Of Risk Can Be Reduced?
The study reveals that women who do 120 seconds of intense weight bearing activity everyday will enjoy 4% better bone health than the rest. Yes, bone health gets improved with high intensity weight bearing exercise.
The Link Between Activity And Bone Health
Researchers studied the data of nearly 2500 women. They first checked their bone health and then examined their activity levels and then came to a conclusion that both activity and bone health are linked.
What If You Do More Than 2 Minutes?
This study also proved that more than 2 minutes of intense activity could improve the bone health by 6%.
Short Workouts Vs. Long Workouts
Also, researchers say that short but intense workouts are better for the bone health compared to long and continuous activity.
Maintaining bone health greatly reduces the risk of suffering osteoporosis and fractures during old age.