- 4 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 6 hrs ago Daughter's Day 2019: 7 Ways How Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 6 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 7 hrs ago Saif Ali Khan And Soha Ali Khan Inspire Us To Wear Understated Outfits This Durga Puja
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Automobiles KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
When your bones become weak, even sitting straight becomes impossible. When osteoporosis hits, even simple acts like sitting, standing and walking start becoming tough.
Estimates suggest that more than 10% of the people above the age of 50 tend to suffer osteoporosis. Is it inevitable to suffer? No, you can prevent it by taking care of diet and activity levels.
Do you know how the bones and the bone cage work? Well, they tend to adjust themselves depending upon your activity levels and diet. Yes, they remodel themselves. After a particular age, your bone mass starts declining.
Also, remove the risk factors like smoking, drinking alcohol and staying inactive. Here are some more facts that help in preventing osteoporosis.
What A New Study Says
A new study claims that doing one or two minutes of exercise on a daily basis can do a lot of good to your bones. This will also minimise the chances of bone fractures during old age.
How Much Of Activity Can Help
Researchers claim that even short bursts of intense activity also helps. Even running for 2 minutes every day also helps. Even a slow jog can also help improve your bone health.
How Much Of Risk Can Be Reduced?
The study reveals that women who do 120 seconds of intense weight bearing activity everyday will enjoy 4% better bone health than the rest. Yes, bone health gets improved with high intensity weight bearing exercise.
The Link Between Activity And Bone Health
Researchers studied the data of nearly 2500 women. They first checked their bone health and then examined their activity levels and then came to a conclusion that both activity and bone health are linked.
What If You Do More Than 2 Minutes?
This study also proved that more than 2 minutes of intense activity could improve the bone health by 6%.
Short Workouts Vs. Long Workouts
Also, researchers say that short but intense workouts are better for the bone health compared to long and continuous activity.
Maintaining bone health greatly reduces the risk of suffering osteoporosis and fractures during old age.