Have we ever wondered about the innumerable health benefits of jaggery, a common ingredient lying in a corner on our kitchen shelves?
Being loaded with a lot of medicinal properties, and packed with minerals, fibres, carbohydrates, proteins, etc., this substitute to sugar goes a long way in improving our health.
If you have any weight loss goals, jaggery takes care of it all! Want to know how? Come on readers let us explore the ways in which one can achieve weight loss with this easily available ingredient in the markets!
Cleans Our Body:
Jaggery being an excellent detoxifier effectively cleanses the whole body, especially the lungs, respiratory tract, stomach, intestines and food pipe. It thereby relieves us from a lot of health problems. Healthy weight gain is only maintained in a healthy body. Thus, by removing unnecessary toxins from our body, healthy weight loss goals can be easily achieved.
Being rich in potassium, this natural sweetener helps in maintaining the electrolytic balance in our body. This, in turn, boosts our metabolism, which in turn aids in weight loss. It is a common known fact that a healthy metabolism and weight reduction are interrelated. Thus, Jaggery is an excellent weight loss inducer.
Fibre can be found in large quantities in jaggery, which aids in smooth digestion. As we all know indigestion and other digestion-related problems can cause an increase in weight. This, however, is not a healthy sign. Jaggery solves this issue by cleansing the digestive tract and ensuring a healthy digestion process.
Activating the digestive enzymes is an important role played by Jaggery, which in turn aids in a very smooth process in digestion. This is one of the reasons why elders advised us to have Jaggery once when we finish our meals back in those days. A healthy and improved digestion will definitely lead to weight loss.
Helps Cleanse The Blood:
The huge iron content present in jaggery helps to not only set right effectively several blood disorders, but also helps to purify the blood. It enhances the haemoglobin level in the blood, thus helping anaemic patients.
When the toxins are removed from our blood, this aids in gaining a healthy lifestyle, which in turn can lead to an effective weight loss. Thus, Jaggery is a very good aid to promote fat burn.
Helps To Control Water Retention In Our Body:
The potassium content present in jaggery helps in the reduction of water retention, which helps in managing our weight. This mineral also helps in the building up of muscles and shedding those unwanted pounds. If consumed on a daily basis, this medicinal sweetener is sure to act as an effective aid in promoting weight loss.
A word of caution: Jaggery should be had only in advisable amounts, thus not reversing its effects on weight reduction. 2 tsp of Jaggery can be had on a daily basis. Having Jaggery in excess may lead to substantial weight gain. Also, diabetic patients should strictly stay away from Jaggery, as it has sugar content.
A Simple Weight Loss Recipe: Jaggery Tea
In the boiling water, add jaggery, ginger and cardamom powder. After the jaggery dissolves, add the tea leaves and let it boil for a few minutes. Then, milk should be added and filtered to remove the solids in the tea. A hot steaming cup of jaggery tea is ready!
All said and done, we should understand that jaggery has a lot of medicinal properties, which cures several human ailments. In addition to this, it also helps us to reduce our weight.
- Lemon Water And Jaggery For Weight Loss: An Easy Fitness Hack
- Consume A Mixture Of Cumin (Jeera) & Jaggery Water, Watch What Happens To Your Body!
- Can You Eat Jaggery If You Are Suffering From Diabetes?
- This Is Why You Must Consume Jaggery During The Winter Season!
- Drinking Milk + Jaggery During Winter Can Do These To Your Health
- Halbai Recipe: How To Make Karnataka-style Halwa
- Hunase Gojju Recipe | Karnataka-style Tamarind Curry | Tamarind Gojju Recipe
- Gulpavate Recipe | How To Make Wheat Flour Gul Pavate | Atta And Jaggery Laddu Recipe
- Yereyappa Recipe: How To Make Sweet Dosa
- Moong Dal Payasam Recipe | Hesaru Bele Payasa Recipe | Pasi Paruppu Payasam Recipe
- This One Natural Ingredient Does Wonders To Raise Your Iron Level
- Substitute Sweet With Jaggery In Your Diet & You Will Get These 12 Excellent Results For Your Health
- You Can Lose Weight By Eating Chocolate Cake!