- 10 hrs ago 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- 10 hrs ago Leap Year 2020: 8 Myths That You May Not Be Knowing
- 11 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor Has A Unique Party-Wear Outfit For You And You Really Can’t Miss It!
- 12 hrs ago Malaika Arora, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, And Kareena Kapoor Khan Will Inspire You To Buy Gota Zari Lehenga
- Technology Budget Smartphones You Can Buy At Attractive Discount During Amazon Holi Days Sale
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Automobiles Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Running is one of the easiest ways to stay fit. And the best part is you will get an incentive if you run regularly. Yes, you will experience a 'high' known as runner's high.
Runners enjoy a different kind of mental state after running for long distances. When researchers studied the brain chemistry of runners, they discovered several astonishing facts.
Also Read: Interesting Facts About Running
Here are some of them. And yes, these facts might help you motivate yourself and take up running as your fitness activity.
The central nervous system releases a substance known as endorphins into your blood stream when you run for a particular period of time.
The job of endorphins is to mask the pain. Any intense physical activity causes pain to the muscles and endorphins try to inhibit those pain signals.
Endurance runners experience a surge of endorphins that mask the pain and also cause a euphoric feeling. That euphoria is known as runner's high.
In fact, the purpose behind endorphins is to make you unaware of the pain caused during running. That is why you might not be aware of minor injuries that are caused during running.
Along with endorphins, another substance known as endocannabinoids is also released. This substance is the main cause of the runner's high.
Researchers say that long distance running can create the same effect that is similar to the ‘high' one gets after smoking weed.
It isn't easy to experience runner's high. You need to run for more than 45 minutes to experience it. Also, your heart rate counts.
Nature gave this facility to help humans chase animals during hunting for food. In fact, any intense physical activity can release endorphins.
Surprisingly, runners who stop running tend to also experience withdrawal symptoms! That is why you need to incorporate some or the other kind of physical activity in your life if you stop running.