- News 620 km human chain formed demanding withdrawal of new citizenship law
- Technology 5 Apps To Buy Medicines Right From Your Smartphone
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: How the Lakers legend became an all-time great
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Does drinking alcohol ruin muscle gains? Yes, drinking too much can spoil your muscle building plans drastically.
Alcohol is a chemical that interferes with many chemical processes in the body. It affects you in many ways and if you are a fitness freak or a health conscious individual, alcohol is your worst enemy.
Does alcohol ruin muscle gains? Read on to know how it affects your muscles.
Alcohol And Protein Synthesis
Alcohol can slow down protein synthesis. If you drink too much of alcohol, the protein synthesis in your body may get affected and this may keep your muscles deprived.
Dehydration Is Bad For Your Muscles
In the process of breaking down alcohol, your body gets dehydrated fast. Your muscles need water and dehydration could affect them. Actually, muscles are nearly 70% water.
Alcohol And Testosterone
Excessive alcohol consumption may also hit your T levels. Muscle building needs testosterone and if the free flowing T levels in your body dip, muscle gains could take a hit.
It Causes Fat Gains
Alcohol can result in fat accumulation. If you are interested in keeping your muscles in shape, fat accumulation could spoil your plans.
Alcohol Robs Nutrients
Alcohol tends to drain certain vitamins and minerals. Phosphorous, zinc, calcium and vitamins B, C and A can get drained from your body if you drink too much. Your muscles need many nutrients and alcohol deprives your body of nutrients.
It Could Make You Lazy
After a night of drinking, you tend to wake up with a cloudy mind and a lazy body. That will make you skip your workout. This is one way alcohol indirectly hits your muscle gains. It keeps you away from the gym.