- 2 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 3 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 3 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Starrer Dream Girl To Release In Hong Kong In December
- Sports Curtailed day sees Thai Itthipat surge to the top at Panasonic Open India
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Most of us work hard and aim at building a life in which we can be content in, right? Well, even though we may have many comforts in life, if we do not have good health, then we can never be truly happy living one - this is a fact!
So, as humans, we all pay a lot of attention to our health and make it one of our top priorities.
Although many of us may lack the self-control to completely avoid unhealthy foods and exercises every single day, in our own way, we ensure that we try to remain relatively healthy, at least!
In spite of all the precautions we take and everything we do to remain healthy, we cannot escape diseases and every human will be affected by at least a few diseases in his/her lifetime, be it major or minor ones.
While there are some common diseases like viral flu, cold, cough, etc., which can be cured easily, there are other major diseases like diabetes and hypertension, which can only be treated but may not be cured.
Then there are certain age-related diseases like arthritis and Alzheimer's, which usually affect people above the age of 50.
Also, other lifestyle-related diseases, like obesity, can be treated effectively when certain lifestyle changes are made.
Now, there are a few diseases that affect specific genders and PCOS is one of them that affects only women due to obvious physiological differences.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder in which the ovaries get enlarged and cysts form inside of them.
Some of the common symptoms of PCOS include abnormal or absence of menstruation, irregular periods, painful cramps, acne, facial hair, hair fall, depression, weight gain, infertility, etc.
PCOS is said to be a lifestyle disorder, so changing your diet and exercise routine can help balance the hormones and treat PCOS.
Here are a few diet tips that will help women with PCOS, which they must make sure to follow.
Don’t Skip Breakfast:
Avoid skipping your breakfast, as this habit can only disturb your hormonal balance further and worsen PCOS symptoms.
Eat Foods High In Omega-3 Fatty Acid:
Add foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acid content to your diet such as avocados, fish, coconut oil, etc., as omega-3 fatty acids can help treat PCOS naturally.
Avoid Unhealthy Carbohydrates:
A study has shown that unhealthy carbohydrates like white rice, white bread, pasta, etc., can cause hormonal fluctuations and worsen PCOS, so avoid them.
Eat Protein-rich Foods:
Consuming protein-rich foods like lean meat, chickpea, milk, eggs, etc., can help treat certain PCOS-related ill conditions like weight gain, excess facial hair, etc.
Add Vitamin D To Your Diet:
Vitamin D deficiency is linked with PCOS, so adding foods that are rich in vitamin D to your diet, such as tuna, egg yolk, beef, etc., can also help ease the symptoms.
Add Potassium Rich Foods:
Consuming foods rich in potassium, such as oats and banana, can also help treat certain symptoms of PCOS, like depression, naturally.
Eat Fresh Fruits & Vegetables:
Adding a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet can also help treat PCOS, as these contain a high amount of antioxidants that effectively can take care of the body from the ill effects of toxins, which could cause these cysts.