- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Ayur means life. Veda means knowledge. Ayurveda means the science or knowledge about life. This system has been in continuous practice for more than 2000 years in India.
Vata, pitta and kapha are the three doshas of the body. Health is indicated as the state of normalcy of these three doshas whereas disease is the state of abnormality.
Lower back pain is a common and pervasive health complaint. According to Ayurveda back pain is a vata ailment.
Common causes of back pain include overweight, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, excess or lack of physical activities, viral infection, tumours, etc.
Following a balanced and controlled diet will help to prevent backache. After going through this article you will get an idea about the diet to prevent back pain according to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda shows marked effect in healing back pain. There are some lifestyle routines and activities for vata prakriti and following them shows wonders in reducing lower back pain.
Some foods can aggravate the pain, whereas some can alleviate it. Vata pacifying diet is a powerful healer of back pain. Take a warm, mildly spiced nourishing food for a month and see the difference.
Diet to prevent back pain according to Ayurveda:
Turmeric is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin, found in turmeric, can prevent tissue destruction, inflammation and this will promote proper nerve cell function. Sprikle turmeric in your salad or add it to your curries.
Consume light and easily digestible foods. Constipation, gastric problems and back pain are closely related. Avoid foods that can cause constipation. Also have fibre-rich foods. To avoid constipation, mix 5 gram brihat triphala powder in water and take it.
Ayurvedic Bishop's weed seed tea is highly beneficial for pain as well as constipation. The anti-inflammatory action will help you to reduce the pain. Valerian, chamomile, skull cap, passion flower and jatamansi will also do the same.
Garlic has pain-relieving property. Fry ten cloves of garlic till it turns brown in coconut oil. This oil can be used for massaging as it will improve the blood circulation, reduce muscle stiffness and relieve the pain.
Keep your spine strong and healthy with calcium and vitamin D. Dairy products are excellent sources of calcium. Calcium and vitamin D together can make your bones strong. Most of the back pain cases are due to lack of calcium, especially in breastfeeding mothers.
The anti inflammatory and stomach settling property of ginger makes it useful for treating back pain. Make a ginger tea or grate and add it to your vegetable juice.
Foods That Should Be Avoided:
Apart from consuming the above-mentioned foods to prevent back pain according to Ayurveda, you should stay away from some foods that can aggravate the back pain. Reduce the intake of grains and sugars.
This will increase the leptin and insulin level resulting in increased inflammation and pain. Avoid rajma, urad dal, ladies finger and kadhi. Avoid fried foods.