- 1 hr ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 2 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 4 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 4 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Kapil Sharma & Ginni Chatrath Celebrate First Anniversary, Express Gratitute To God And Well Wishers
- Sports Sindhu loses again, virtually out of BWF World Tour Final
- News Modi govt will try to solve concerns over Citizenship Bill: Shah assures Tripura delegations
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Avocados are nature's gift to man. These creamy green jewels are full of healthy fats which aid in faster weight loss, help lower blood pressure and also take care of stubborn belly fat. It also encourages muscle growth and keeps your hunger pangs at bay.
The reason why avocados are so healthy is that they contain a huge amount of good heart healthy fats. It lowers bad cholesterol.
They also contain 20 vitamins, mostly Vitamin B, which helps fight off infections and Vitamin C which prevent cancer. They are low in sugar and full of fibre, making them an ideal food for weight loss.
They also contain a host of important minerals like potassium, twice more than that of a banana. Another thing about avocados is that they are high in calories.
But they are still taunted to be the best weight-loss food. Want to know why? Read on....
Avocados contain heart healthy mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These help reduce the bad cholesterol in the body and increase the amount of good cholesterol.
Mono-unsaturated fatty acids also increases metabolism. Its high fibre content keeps you full for longer, keeping your hunger pangs at bay.
Studies also indicate that mono-unsaturated fatty acids help in decreasing stubborn belly fat. Cheers to them!!!
If you are on a diet for weight loss, you should definitely include this buttery fruit in your diet.
Here are a few interesting ways in which you can use Avocados to help you in weight loss-
Avocado coconut milkshake-
This amazing recipe will keep your tummy full and also supply your body with essential nutrients.
-1 ripe avocado
-1/2 cup of coconut milk
-a few drops of vanilla extracts
-water and ice cubes.
- Cut the avocado and discard the seed.
- Scoop the pulp and put it in a blender.
- Add the coconut milk, water and ice cubes.
- Blend everything and consume this delicious milkshake.
Strawberry avocado smoothie-
This delicious smoothie can serve as a meal replacement drink. The blended avocado in this recipe allows for easy absorption of nutrient from the strawberry and banana too. It will also fill you up for a long time.
-1/4th cup of milk
-1 cup of fresh strawberries
-A few drops of vanilla extract.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass and enjoy.
Avocado and chickpea salad-
his is most delicious way of including avocados in your diet. This healthy salad is full of flavours and you will want more of it.
-A handful of pre-soaked chickpeas
-Half a cucumber
-Half an avocado
- 1 tomato
-Juice of 1 lime
-2 tablespoons buttermilk/yogurt
-Salt to taste
-A sprig of fresh coriander
- Boil the pre soaked chickpeas until soft and drain.
- Cut the cucumber, tomato and avocado into cubes.
- In a bowl, add the cubed veggies, drained chickpeas.
- Add the lemon juice, buttermilk, salt and mix well.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves and add to the salad.
- Your healthy fresh salad is ready.
Avocado oil is a healthy cooking medium if you are aiming to lose weight. It is rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids and oleic acid that can reduce tummy fat. Avocado has very high smoking point which makes it perfect for stir fries and sautés. Use avocado oil in your daily cooking for a faster route to fit body.
As avocados are buttery, replace mayonnaise and butter with this creamy dip made with avocado. This can be used as a spread too..
-1 ripe avocado
-1/2 teaspoon Jeera powder
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon yogurt
- Cut and remove the seed of the avocado.
- Remove the pulp and mash in a bowl with a spoon.
- Add all the seasoning and mix well.
- Your delicious avocado dip is ready.