- 1 hr ago First Aid For Acid Attacks: What You Can Do As A Witness
- 1 hr ago Anand Mahindra Says We Should Stop Making Excuses After Watching 72-YO Woman's Workout Video
- 1 hr ago 10 Amazing Tips To Ensure That You Have A Perfect Manicure At Home
- 1 hr ago #ThisHappened2019: Most-Mentioned Politicians On Twitter In India
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan’s Hands Shake When Shooting Intimate Scenes; Says He Uses A Trick To Make It Easier
- News Citizenship Bill protests: CM Sarbananda Sonowal stranded at Guwahati airport
- Sports Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test: Pakistan hit back with the ball in long-awaited Test on home soil
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Foods and festivals always go hand in hand. Come any festival, and there is a huge platter spread across the table. The most awaited time of the year - Christmas and New Year are the two major festivals that people of all age groups eagerly wait for.
The yummy cuisines get so irresistible that we just gulp in. But once the festival is over, we realize its consequences. So, how do we detoxify the body after the festivals?
If you are one among the group and looking out for a solution, then today at Boldsky, we will be explaining about a few post-festival diet tips that will help in detoxifying the body.
Also Read: Benefits Of Having Boiled Lemon Water
The yummy, rich foods might give that needed kick to your taste buds and satiate your tummy at that point of time, and you might end up eating it in a large quantity. But, this at the same time can have a lot of negative consequences too. You might end up having an upset tummy, bloating stomach, increased cholesterol level, fat and weight gain.
For such conditions, listed below are few effective natural ways to cleanse the body post Christmas and New Year. Take a look.
1. Drink Lots Of Water:
Drinking a lot of water helps in flushing out the toxins from the body, thus helping prevent a lot of health problems, especially accumulation of fat and cholesterol, which otherwise can lead to heart problems.
2. Include More Fruits & Vegetables:
Rich in fibre and a host of other nutrients, fruits and vegetables help in absorbing the nutrients and thus prevent in the accumulation of fat and detoxify the body.
3. Include Whole Grains:
Whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal that are rich in fibre are few of the items that should be included, as this helps in removing the toxins from the body.
4. Drink Warm Water With Lemon:
Drinking warm water with lemon by adding a teaspoon of honey helps in detoxifying the body and prevents cholesterol and fat buildup.
5. Avoid Deep Fried Foods:
Deep fried foods are rich in calories and saturated fat. If you are on detoxification, then you should avoid these deep fried foods.
6. Avoid Soda:
Drinking soda should be completely avoided, as this contains added sugar and fructose that just add to the cholesterol and fat in the body.
7. Avoid Caffeine-containing Foods:
Any caffeine-containing food items like coffee prevents the absorption of nutrients by the body and this leads to weight gain, increase in cholesterol level and body fat. Hence, caffeine-containing foods should be totally avoided.
Certain physical activity is a must when it comes to body detoxification. Slight exercises like walking and jogging helps in the detoxification process.