- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The much awaited Navaratri festival is round the corner and along with all the joy and excitement, some of us may be wondering how to avoid gaining weight during Navaratri, right?
Well, festival time means lots and lots of yummy food that we cannot get enough of!
Apart from enjoying the food prepared at our houses, we must also make room in our tummy to fit in the delicacies offered at relatives' and friends' places!
Navaratri is one of the most important festivals celebrated throughout India, and it goes on for a span of nine days!
So, each day, families prepare different delicacies, majority of them being sweets, so, it can be quite hard to resist these foods that we get just once a year!
Many a times, people indulge in overeating during festivals like Navaratri and they gain weight, which can be quite hard to lose later on.
So, if you want to maintain a healthy weight and avoid putting on weight during Navaratri and still enjoy the festivities, have a look at these tips.
If you want to avoid gaining weight during Navaratri, mentally prepare yourself before, to make sure that you do not over eat!
Awareness about the nutritional value of the foods you are consuming helps a lot in avoiding weight gain.
Avoiding weight gain during Navaratri includes drinking lot of water before having a meal, so that you can eat lesser amounts.
Another tip to avoid weight gain is to go easy on sweets and fried foods, just have small quantities of these foods.
Ensure that you eat lots of salads, greens and fruit, in order to keep yourself full.
If you have consumed lot of sweets for lunch, compensate by eating less during dinner.
A natural way to avoid gaining weight is to not stop your exercise routine during festivals.
Ensure that you go for jogs or runs, as stopping your exercise routine for 9 whole days is not ideal.
If you want to avoid weight gain during Navaratri, eat smaller quantities of food, many times a day, instead of eating large quantities just 2-3 times.
While visiting relatives' houses, ensure that you eat in limited quantities, and exercise self-control.
Avoid binge eating on sweets and fried food at any cost, as this habit can cause rapid weight gain.
Each time you feel like gorging on sweets, think of how difficult it is to lose all the weight gained!