Do you feel self-conscious to wear shorts lately? Do you avoid buying skinny jeans? Is the reason behind it the fat accumulation on your thighs?
Worry not, weight issues are quite common and they can be fixed with some amount of effort and determination.
If you have a lot of fat accumulated on your thighs, it can definitely make your figure look disproportionate and unattractive, especially for women having big thighs, which can limit them from experimenting with trendy clothes.
However, regardless of gender, having "thunder thighs", as it is colloquially termed, can make people feel self-conscious and undesirable.
Apart from that, excess fat accumulation in the thighs can also lead to health problems such as back pain, knee pain, etc.
Having an unhealthy amount of fat around the thigh area can also make you unfit and create difficulties when you want to run, trek or indulge in other physical activities.
While practicing exercises such as jogging, running, skipping, etc, can help you lose weight; however, they are not aimed specifically at your thighs.
So, if you want to attain slimmer thighs in a matter of days, follow these 2 simple, effective exercises regularly!
1. Plyometric Squats
This exercise is aimed at toning the muscles of your thighs by burning fat and also by tightening the skin around your thighs!
How It's Done:
- Stand up straight, with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your arms straight, raised to your shoulders.
- Make sure that your fingers are pointing straight.
- Squat down slowly, in the same position.
- Now, jump up by applying pressure on your thighs and buttocks.
- Land back to the squat position again.
- This completes one set.
- Repeat 2 sets of 15 repetitions each.
2. Leg Lifts
This exercise is known to be very effective in reducing thigh fat and it can also keep your legs toned and firm, when practiced regularly.
How It's Done:
- Stand straight, with your legs hips-width apart.
- Rest your arms at your sides, fingers pointing to the floor.
- Now, lift your left leg so as to form an 'L' shape with your body.
- Hold that position for at least 20-30 seconds, initially (with practice you can hold it up to a minute).
- Slowly lower your left leg.
- Repeat the same process with your right leg.
- This completes one repetition.
- Repeat 2 sets of 20 repetitions each.