TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
Diet for a smoker should include some of these antioxidant rich foods to cleanse their systems of toxins.
Detox Diet For A Smoker:
1. Green Tea: If you are a tea or coffee drinker then an ardent request to you is to not poison yourself anymore than you are by smoking. Caffeine or tobacco from these beverages will further add toxic substances to your body. Switch to green tea which is an invaluable health drink for smokers as it is rich in antioxidants. Just because it is a part of your detox diet, you do not have to drink it like medicine. Once you develop a taste for it, it might become one of your prime addictions!
2. Garlic: Add garlic to every thing you eat, your salads, soups and curries. If you can stand the pungent smell then eat 4-5 cloves garlic raw every day. Garlic has a special anti-tumor property that is specially useful to smokers. While your cigarettes work on producing carcinoma in your body, the garlic you eat will fight tumors.
3. 3-4 Portions Of Greens: It is no news to anybody that green vegetables have plenty of antioxidants. They also have some special pigments called carotenoids. These pigments present in the green leaves are specially useful for smokers because regular intake of these has proven to show lesser incidences of cancer. Spinach, collard, broccoli, etc., has to be on your 'must eat' list.
4. Bell Peppers Or Capsicums: Bell peppers are so rich in antioxidants that they are advised to cancer patients as a part of their recovery diet. So they should top the chart when it comes to a detox diet for smoking individuals. Try to have them as raw as possible; never deep fry or overcook bell peppers.
5. 2-3 Portions Citrus Fruits: For smokers health, vitamin C rich fruits are like elixir. How many portions of citrus fruits you consume might actually decide how many years you live. So have at least one citrus fruit that everyday. Oranges, melons, tomatoes are all filled with vitamin C that gives you immunity to fight the diseases you are bringing upon yourself.
Use these good health tips to be on a proper smokers diet and live long.