- 39 min ago Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 2 hrs ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 5 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 5 hrs ago Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Hailey Bieber’s 3 Simple Looks That Can Give You Insta-Worthy Moments
- Movies Anupamaa Actor Ashish Mehrotra's Father Passes Away; Rupali Ganguly, Kunal & Other Celebs Mourn His Loss
- Finance Now Book A 5 Kg Indane Gas Cylinder Without Address Proof, Here’s How
- News BBMP appoints Namma Bengaluru Foundation as official partner in largest vaccination drive
- Sports IPL 2021: Knee injury rules T Natarajan out of tournament, spotlight once again on NCA
- Technology How To Check BSNL Bharat Fibre And AirFibre Data Usage
- Automobiles Current Lockdown & Curfew Restrictions Likely To Affect Car & Bike Sales Again In 2021
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
The number of diabetes cases and increasing blood sugar level is one of the rising concerns not just in India but across the world. If you go by the numbers, diabetes cases have increased twofold over the past one decade, say doctors.
Diabetes has become one of the most common lifestyle diseases today. So with the World Health Day around, today in this article we will be explaining about a few of the effective ways to lower blood sugar level and thereby diabetes.
Also Read: Herbs And Spices That Help Fight Diabetes
Experts stress on the sedentary lifestyle, poor food habits and lack of exercise to be the major contributors for increase in the number of diabetes cases.
One of the most important causes of worry when it comes to diabetes is that there is no certain cure for the disease. The only way out is to control it and prevent it from further deteriorating. Also the worst part about it is even small kids are now getting affected with diabetes.
Listed here are a few of the major effective ways to lower the blood sugar level and thereby diabetes. Take a look.
1. Include Barley In Your Diet:
Rich in fibre content, barley helps in keeping you full for a long period of time and also helps in metabolising the glucose level in the body. This in turn helps to lower the blood sugar level. One cup of barley every day is all that is required to lower the blood sugar level.
Experts recommend walking as one of the best exercises to keep your blood sugar level in check and prevent diabetes. 15 minutes of walk every day in the morning and in the evening helps to keep the blood sugar level under check.
Fenugreek is one of the best food items that helps in reducing the blood sugar level. Take one teaspoon of fenugreek powder, mix it along with warm milk and then drink this every day, preferably in the morning. This helps in lowering the blood sugar level effectively.
4. Whole Fruits:
Instead of juice, it is always better to have whole fruits. Compared to the juice, for instance when orange or apple is taken in the form of whole fruit, it contains more fibre that helps in reducing the blood sugar level.
5. Green Veggies:
Vegetables that do not contain starch help in lowering the blood sugar level extensively. Spinach, cauliflower, lettuce and kale are a few of the green veggies that help.
6. Drink Plenty of Water:
It is very important to keep oneself hydrated by drinking plenty of water to keep the blood sugar level in check. If a person is dehydrated the sugar level in the blood gets concentrated leading to a rise in the blood sugar level.
7. Vitamin D:
Lack of vitamin D in the body impacts insulin resistance and leads to an increase in the blood sugar level. Having an adequate amount of vitamin D in the body helps lower the blood sugar level.
8. Aloe Vera:
A juice prepared using aloe vera gel, turmeric and bay leaves mixed with water helps in lowering the blood sugar level. One needs to drink this juice before dinner; it helps.