- 1 hr ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 1 hr ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Fabulous Fashion Goals With Her Amazing Outfits
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 12 December 2019
- Finance Small Savings Schemes To Fetch Sharply Lower Interest Rate From January
- News 12 yr old raped repeatedly by 4 men in Haryana
- Sports India vs West Indies: Key takeaways from T20 series: KL Rahul grabs chance; Rishabh Pant disappoints again
- Movies Birthday Exclusive! People Tend To Be At Ease Around Rajinikanth, Says Kishore
- Technology Huawei P40 To Feature Advanced Horizon Display: Launch By March 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Stocking up on these expert-recommended low-carb superfoods that can keep your blood sugar steady is highly recommended.
For those living with diabetes, dialing back on sugar and simple carbs can be a matter of life and death.
Diabetics are two to four times more likely to die of heart diseases or stroke. For those who don't properly control their condition, the risk of health issues like cardiovascular trouble to nerve damage and kidney disease will raise three-folds.
The best way you can take care of yourself and keep things under control is by consuming foods that are compatible for diabetic individuals. These hand-picked foods are low in carbs and low in sugar and will also keep your blood sugar levels in check.
These foods are packed with essential vitamins and antioxidants that also help fight off inflammation and keep your energy levels high.
Here, we have listed some of the best foods for diabetes. Read further to know more about the list of foods for diabetic individuals.
This whole grain is a good source of fibre and protein, which makes it a smart pick for diabetics. The fibre and protein combination will give you a better blood sugar control.
2. 100% Whole Wheat Bread:
Having complex carbs like whole wheat bread, which is higher in vitamins, minerals and blood-sugar managing fibre is considered best for diabetics.
Beans are a good combination of plant protein and soluble fibre that helps boost the feeling of fullness and manages blood sugar levels for diabetic patients. This is one of the best foods for diabetes.
Lentils are rich in resistant starch, which is a type of carb that has minimal impact on blood sugar levels. It also improves the gut health of diabetics.
5. Wild Salmon:
Salmon is a healthy protein source that will not raise the blood sugar levels and it also decreases the risk of heart attack and stroke, which is a major cause for diabetics.
6. Greek Yogurt:
This is a protein-packed way to fuel your mornings. Greek yogurt contains more of protein and fewer carbohydrates that help control the blood sugar levels in diabetics.
Spinach contains lutein that is an essential nutrient for eye health. This is required for diabetics, as they have a higher risk of being affected by eye-related diseases than those without diabetes. This is one of the best foods for diabetes.
Berries are low on glycaemic index and are considered to be superfoods for diabetes management. This combination is low in sugar and high in fibre. They are diabetes friendly due to their ability to only gradually raise the blood sugar levels.
This is a cruciferous vegetable that contains sulforaphane that reduces oxidative stress and vascular complications associated with diabetes.
10. Ground Flax Seeds:
Adding a spoon of this to the salads, soups or noodles is considered best for diabetics. It contains lignans and fibre that help maintain the blood sugar level. This is one of the best foods for diabetes.