All of you are aware that diabetes is a chronic condition where your blood sugar is too high because your body doesn't make enough insulin to use it up. Insulin is the hormone that will help you process the sugar in the body.
However, there are times when the sugar levels are not very high and you may not face any of these symptoms and hence may not know about these. This is why people who are over the age of 45 and younger people who have risk factors like being overweight, having a family history of diabetes or having gestational diabetes during pregnancy should be screened immediately.
Even noticeable diabetes symptoms are often mild and can be easily written off. There are some common sneaky symptoms of diabetes that every women should be aware of.
Read to know the signs of diabetes in women. Read to know about the unknown symptoms of diabetes, which would help you know of the disorder at an early stage.
1. Having To Pee All The Time:
This symptom is caused by excess sugar circulating in the blood. When your blood sugar is high, your body is trying to dump it out of your system. Water follows sugar, so you'll end up having high-volume urine loss.
2. Feeling Very Thirsty:
With all the peeing, you're bound to get dehydrated. Some patients who don't have diabetes quench their thirst with sugary drinks like soda and juice and this adds to their blood sugar levels and make it worse.
3. Bad Breath:
This is another one of the effects of uncontrolled diabetes. You'll end up with a dry mouth, which is another cause for foul breath. When your blood sugars are high in uncontrolled diabetes, your body can't use glucose for energy for your foods. It produces ketones that cause an unpleasant sweet and fruity smell in your mouth.
4. Blurry Vision:
When your blood sugars are high, it results in fluid shifts throughout the body, including your eyes. Fluid follows sugar and it goes into the lens. As a result, you'll get blurry vision.
5. Numbness In The Hands And Feet:
After years, diabetes can affect your nerves and blood vessels, causing reduced sensation in your extremities like fire, pins and needles.
6. Slow Healing Cuts And Bruises:
Reduced sensation in your nerves can also make you prone to injuries. You're less likely to notice a cut because you can't feel it. Hence, it is more likely for you to get infected.
7. Lose Weight Even When You're Eating More:
Unexplained weight loss can happen for a reason, including diabetes. Insulin helps your body move all the stored energy from your body to the cells. When you have insulin deficiency, you don't get enough energy. So, your body feels like its starving. You'll also experience rapid weight loss.
8. Feeling Super Tired All The Time:
Carbohydrates are broken down into simpler molecules like glucose and this is the main source of energy for the body. If fatigue comes suddenly for no reason and is accompanied by other symptoms, it may turn worse.
9. Frequent Yeast Infection:
High blood sugars can create an environment in the vagina for yeast infection. The more yeast infections you face, the more is the chances of being affected by diabetes.
10. Dark Spots Around Your Neck And Armpits:
This is one of the common symptoms of insulin resistance, where excess glucose gets stored in certain spots on the skin, and hence this is the reason why some of them will be able to notice dark spots around the neck and armpit region.
- 11 Healthy Snacks For Those With Diabetes
- From Curing Diabetes To Detox, Here Are 15 Medicinal Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Eating These Foods Can Help In Stabilizing Blood Sugar Levels Of Type-2 Diabetics
- What's The Best Way To Prepare Sweet Potatoes?
- Ramadan And Diabetes: Risks And Solutions
- Here Are 10 Health Benefits Of Jamun
- Here Are 16 Best Foods To Control Diabetes
- Bitter Gourd Juice For Diabetes And Weight Loss
- Combat Diabetes With These Diets And Superfoods
- Sex And Diabetes: High Blood Sugar Can Hamper Your Sex Life! Here's How To Tackle The Issue
- Ayurveda And Diabetes: 8 Ayurvedic Tips For Treating Diabetes
- This Is What Diabetes Does To Your Body