If you're a diabetic patient, then you need to make sure that whatever you eat will keep your blood sugar levels within a healthy range.
The popular notion that fruits are not safe when you have diabetes is wrong. Many types are fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals as well as fibre, which can help regulate blood sugar levels as well as decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Apart from this, fibre can promote the feeling of fullness, curb unhealthy cravings and avoid overeating. Healthy weight maintenance can increase your insulin sensitivity and also help with diabetes management.
So, you might have doubts on how you can pick the best fruits for diabetes, from a wide range of fruits out there. In this article, we have listed some of the best fruits to be consumed by diabetic patients.
Read further to know more about the Indian fruits for diabetes.
Berries are a diabetic superfood, as they are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fibre, plus they have a low GI value.
2. Tart Cherries:
Tart cherries are low in GI and are a smart addition for a diabetes friendly diet. It is especially good for fighting inflammation.
Peaches contain Vitamins A and C, potassium and fibre, which makes it one of the best diabetes friendly fruits to opt for.
Apricots provide more than 50% of your daily vitamin A requirement. They are known to be one of the best diabetes friendly fruits. It is one of the best fruits to be consumed by diabetic patients.
Apples are loaded with fibre and are a good source of vitamin C. The skin of the apple is filled with antioxidants and needs to be included in your diabetes friendly diet. It is one of the best Indian fruits that diabetic patients must opt for.
- Control Diabetes With These 9 Herbs & Supplements
- 7 Unexpected Side Effects Of Diabetes You Must Know!
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Black-eyed Peas
- Jamun Seed For Controlling Diabetes & Its Other Health Benefits
- How To Handle Pregnancy If You Have Diabetes?
- All You Need To Know About The Adzuki Beans
- Feeling Tired At This Particular Time Every Day Can Be A Sign Of Diabetes!
- All You Need To Know About The Superfood, Kale
- How Can Gestational Diabetes Affect Your Baby?
- Diagnosed With Prediabetes, Should You Be Worried?
- What Are Surinam Cherries? Know All About This Colourful Healthy Fruit!
- Does Insulin Trigger Weight Gain ?