If you're a diabetic patient, then you need to make sure that whatever you eat will keep your blood sugar levels within a healthy range.
The popular notion that fruits are not safe when you have diabetes is wrong. Many types are fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals as well as fibre, which can help regulate blood sugar levels as well as decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Apart from this, fibre can promote the feeling of fullness, curb unhealthy cravings and avoid overeating. Healthy weight maintenance can increase your insulin sensitivity and also help with diabetes management.
So, you might have doubts on how you can pick the best fruits for diabetes, from a wide range of fruits out there. In this article, we have listed some of the best fruits to be consumed by diabetic patients.
Read further to know more about the Indian fruits for diabetes.
Berries are a diabetic superfood, as they are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fibre, plus they have a low GI value.
2. Tart Cherries:
Tart cherries are low in GI and are a smart addition for a diabetes friendly diet. It is especially good for fighting inflammation.
Peaches contain Vitamins A and C, potassium and fibre, which makes it one of the best diabetes friendly fruits to opt for.
Apricots provide more than 50% of your daily vitamin A requirement. They are known to be one of the best diabetes friendly fruits. It is one of the best fruits to be consumed by diabetic patients.
Apples are loaded with fibre and are a good source of vitamin C. The skin of the apple is filled with antioxidants and needs to be included in your diabetes friendly diet. It is one of the best Indian fruits that diabetic patients must opt for.
- Here's A Guide To The Perfect Diabetes Diet
- How Much Fruits Should Diabetics Eat Daily:Best Fruits For Diabetics
- 11 Healthy Snacks For Those With Diabetes
- From Curing Diabetes To Detox, Here Are 15 Medicinal Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Eating These Foods Can Help In Stabilizing Blood Sugar Levels Of Type-2 Diabetics
- What's The Best Way To Prepare Sweet Potatoes?
- Ramadan And Diabetes: Risks And Solutions
- Here Are 10 Health Benefits Of Jamun
- Here Are 16 Best Foods To Control Diabetes
- Bitter Gourd Juice For Diabetes And Weight Loss
- Combat Diabetes With These Diets And Superfoods
- Sex And Diabetes: High Blood Sugar Can Hamper Your Sex Life! Here's How To Tackle The Issue