If you're a diabetic patient, then you need to make sure that whatever you eat will keep your blood sugar levels within a healthy range.
The popular notion that fruits are not safe when you have diabetes is wrong. Many types are fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals as well as fibre, which can help regulate blood sugar levels as well as decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Apart from this, fibre can promote the feeling of fullness, curb unhealthy cravings and avoid overeating. Healthy weight maintenance can increase your insulin sensitivity and also help with diabetes management.
So, you might have doubts on how you can pick the best fruits for diabetes, from a wide range of fruits out there. In this article, we have listed some of the best fruits to be consumed by diabetic patients.
Read further to know more about the Indian fruits for diabetes.
Berries are a diabetic superfood, as they are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fibre, plus they have a low GI value.
2. Tart Cherries:
Tart cherries are low in GI and are a smart addition for a diabetes friendly diet. It is especially good for fighting inflammation.
Peaches contain Vitamins A and C, potassium and fibre, which makes it one of the best diabetes friendly fruits to opt for.
Apricots provide more than 50% of your daily vitamin A requirement. They are known to be one of the best diabetes friendly fruits. It is one of the best fruits to be consumed by diabetic patients.
Apples are loaded with fibre and are a good source of vitamin C. The skin of the apple is filled with antioxidants and needs to be included in your diabetes friendly diet. It is one of the best Indian fruits that diabetic patients must opt for.
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit
- 11 Health Benefits Of Sesame Seeds
- 9 Proven Ways To Never Get Diabetes
- 10 Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds You Didn't Know
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8Magical Health Benefits Of Olive Oil
- 10 Health Benefits Of Pomegranate Seeds
- Everything You Need To Know About Gestational Diabetes
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Popcorn
- 16 Awesome Health Benefits Of Fennel Tea
- 12 Health Benefits Of Peanut Butter That Will Surprise You
- 11 Impressive Health Benefits Of Black Tea You Haven't Heard Of
- 11 Foods Rich In Copper That You Need To Add In Your Diet