- 4 hrs ago Is It Safe To Get A Tattoo While On Periods?
- 6 hrs ago Yogini Ekadashi 2022: Date, Time, Puja Muhurat, Vrat Katha, Remedies And Significance
- 8 hrs ago Monkeypox: We Have Vaccines And Drugs To Treat It
- 8 hrs ago Puri Rath Yatra 2022: Date, Time, Legends, Celebration, History And Significance
- Finance Govt Asks To Share Only Masked Aadhaar; Here Is How You Can Download It
- News Vat Savitri Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Fasting Rules, Method and Importance
- Sports Italy vs Argentina, Finalissima 2022: Date, Kick-off Time in India, Teams, Telecast & Live Streaming Info
- Movies Kamal Haasan Meets Rajinikanth Ahead Of Vikram Release; Lokesh Kanagaraj Shares Pictures
- Technology This WhatsApp Scam Can Get Control Of Your Phone
- Travel One Day Outing From Nagpur: Maharashtra - Places To Visit
- Automobiles Hindustan Motors To Produce Electric Scooters & Cars; This Includes The New Ambassador EV
- Education RRB NTPC CBT 2 Level 2, 3, And 5 Exam Schedule Released, Check Exam Dates Here
The Omicron variant of coronavirus has been found in 79 per cent of the samples from Delhi sequenced between January 1 and January 23, according to government data.
The Delta variant, which drove the ferocious second wave of COVID-19 infections in April and May last year, was found in 13.70 per cent of the 2,503 samples sequenced during the period.
The data showed that of the 863 samples sequenced between December 25 and December 31, around 50 per cent (433) carried Omicron, while 34 per cent (293) had the Delta variant.
Across India, Omicron accounted for 75 per cent of the total samples sequenced in January, according to the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
Delhi had reported the first case of Omicron on December 5 -- a 37-year-old fully vaccinated man who had arrived from Tanzania.
According to experts, mild symptoms, faster recovery and fewer fatalities typified the Omicron-driven third wave of the pandemic in the country and fewer patients needed medical care in hospitals.
Also, unlike the Delta-driven second wave, Covid has not been the primary reason for most of the deaths this time.
- wellnessIndia Records 2,685 Fresh Covid-19 Cases, 33 Deaths
- wellnessEven Vaccinated People Can Develop Long Covid, Study Finds
- wellnessHypertension Most Common Co-Morbidity: Delhi Hospital Study On Covid-19 Patients
- womenWHO Honours 1 Million ASHA Women For COVID-Care Role
- wellnessAir Pollution Linked With More Severe COVID-19: Study
- wellnessOmicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- wellnessHaven't Had Covid-19 Yet? It Could Be More Than Just Luck
- disorders cureWhat Is Geographic Tongue? Is It Related To COVID? Read About The Causes And Symptoms
- wellnessWhy People With Lung Disorder Face Risk Of Severe Covid-19 Found
- wellnessIndia's First mRNA Vaccine Against COVID: 90% Effective; Can Be Used For Malaria, Dengue Etc.
- wellnessOestrogen Treatment Linked With Reduced Covid Mortality: Study
- wellnessTrained Sniffer Dogs May Accurately Detect COVID Infected Airport Passengers: Study