- 58 min ago Omicron: Parliamentary Panel Recommends Evaluation Of Vaccines, More Research For Booster Dose
- 2 hrs ago Sleeping With Curly Hair: 7 Tips To Protect Your Mane!
- 3 hrs ago Katrina Kaif Looks Gorgeous In Pristine White Ruffled Saree As She Attends Her Pre-Wedding Function!
- 4 hrs ago COVID-19: Govt Writes To States/UT Over Rising Weekly Positivity Rates And Deaths
- Sports BBL 2021-22: Schedule, Dates, Venues, Time in IST, TV Channel List & Live Streaming Details in India
- Technology LinkedIn Now Supports Hindi Language; Here’s How To Switch To Hindi Language
- Movies Shefali Jariwala Reveals After 'Kaanta Laga' She Didn't Do Much Work As She Suffered From Epilepsy Seizures
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 5 Stocks From Nifty Trading At Up To 64% Discount
- News Ex Shia waqf board chief, Rizvi converts to Hinduism
- Education NIOS On Demand Examination 2022 Registration For Class 10, 12 Starts Today, Steps To Register For NIOS ODE
- Automobiles Cars Are About To Get Pricier In India From January 2022 Onwards
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Dispur
The Union Health Ministry has activated a service on the CoWIN portal that allows anyone to check an individual's vaccination status with the person's registered mobile number and name, followed by an OTP for consent. The service could be utilised by a service provider - private entities such as travel agencies, offices, employers, entertainment agencies or government agencies such as IRCTC - for whom verifying a person's vaccination status is critical for facilitating a service requested by the citizen, an official said.
"Now download the fully / partially vaccinated badge from CoWIN (cowin.gov.in) & share it with your friends on all your social platforms! Encourage your family and friends to follow you and #FightCovid," National Health Authority CEO RS Sharma said in a tweet.
The service is being built to help citizens who may not have the vaccine certificate available in digital or paper form for availing a requested service and can support the service provider to verify the vaccination status/vaccination digital record of the citizen as per the authorised permission of the requesting entity.
The service helps in verifying the vaccination status of individuals. The service can be utilised by travel agencies and help making travel safe for individuals by allowing travel only for vaccinated individuals. Employers can use this service to verify vaccination status of employees and resume the functions in offices, workplaces, etc. This service will help in resuming and catalysing the economic activities in country, the official said.
Photos by RS Sharma Twitter.