- 1 hr ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 4 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- 5 hrs ago How To Drape Saree For Varamahalakshmi Kalasha
- 7 hrs ago Chidambara Rahasyam: Unknown Facts And Secrets Of The Chidambara Temple
- News Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's demise: Condolences pour in over the death of "India's Warren Buffett"
- Sports South Africa paceman Duanne Olivier ruled out of England Test series
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha: Academy Heaps Praises On Aamir Khan's Film, Calls It A Faithful Adaptation Of Forest Gump
- Travel Places to Visit on the Eve of Independence Day in India
- Finance Veteran Investor Jhunjhunwala Started Journey In Share Market With Just Rs 5000
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
- Technology Jio Rs. 750 Prepaid Plan Launched With 2GB Data Per Day And More
- Education TS EAMCET Result 2022 Declared @eamcet.tsche.ac.in; Check Scorecard Here
Cameroon resident loses 11 kgs after bariatric surgery in Sagar Hospitals, Jayanagar. She was earlier suffering from high BP and blood sugar levels, which is now completely under control.
Bengaluru: A Cameroon resident who was overweight (116 kg) had tried all the tricks to reduce her weight without any luck. Despite visiting a number of hospitals and doctors in her country, there was no improvement. She finally decided to travel to Sagar Hospital, Jayanagar as a last resort. Now, she has returned to her country happily and her weight has reduced drastically. Importantly, her BP and blood sugar level is now under control.
Dr Tala, a 39-year old Dr Tala, a resident of Cameroon, weighing 116 kgs. Her BMI was 42. She was suffering from hypertension as well as an increase in blood sugar levels. Her HbA1c was as high as 8 pc. (HbA1c is the average blood glucose (sugar) levels for the last two to three months. If a patient has diabetes, an ideal HbA1c level is 48mmol/mol (6.5 pc) or below. If the patient is at the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, the target HbA1c level should be below 42mmol/mol (6 pc).
First, under the guidance of dietician Veena, the Cameroon resident could reduce her weight by 8 kg (she was now weighing 108 kg). Then, a specialist team headed by Dr Niranjan (Consultant General, GI, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon) conducted bariatric surgery and helped her reduce three more kgs. Thankfully, now, her blood sugar level is completely under control. Dr Niranjan said, "There are many who undergo cosmetic surgeries to reduce fat. However, there are chances that the patient may once again put on fat. However, bariatric surgery is effective in reducing weight. I also thank Dr Kala for taking the bold decision of travelling from Cameroon to India for weight reduction and she is completely fine."
- diet fitness10 Exercises That Burn More Calories Than Running
- nutritionAre Rice Cakes Healthy? Do They Help With Weight Loss?
- recipes3-Ingredient Homemade And Organic Recipe To Burn Unwanted Belly Fat
- nutritionWhat Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- diet fitnessWorld Health Day 2022: What Are Fad Diets? Why Are They Popular Instead Of Being Unsafe?
- nutritionHow To Make Your Diet More Sustainable, Healthy Or Cheap - Without Giving Up Nutrients
- wellnessHealthy Weight Awareness Month: Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight - Key For Good Health
- diet fitnessWeight Loss After 40: Tips For Men And Women
- diet fitnessWhy Diet Is the Most Important Part Of Fitness
- wellnessEvidence-Based Health Benefits Of Hibiscus Flower And Leaves
- diet fitness6 Teas That Help Promote Healthy Weight Gain
- nutrition15 Proven Health Benefits Of Almonds: Nutrition, Side Effects, How To Eat And Other Details