- 2 hrs ago World Menstrual Hygiene Day: What Is Cycle Syncing? How Does It Benefit Your Productivity And PMS Symptoms?
- 5 hrs ago Covid-19 In Babies: Here's What To Expect & What You Should Do
- 6 hrs ago World Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022: What Is Oligomenorrhoea? Causes, Symptoms & Treatments Of Irregular Periods
- 7 hrs ago Meet 42-Year Old Laxmi Jadhav, Mumbai's First Female BEST Bus Driver
- News Kerala PFI rally: Father of boy who raised provocative slogans arrested
- Finance Which Bank Is Offering Maximum Interest Rates On FD After Recent Hike: Check Latest Rates
- Technology Honor Watch GS 3 With GPS, Bluetooth Calling Listed On Amazon; India Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Hai Chahatein Jumps To 2nd Spot; Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Returns To Top 10
- Sports GT vs RR IPL 2022 Final Stats & Records Preview: Buttler, Chahal, Ashwin, Hardik eye big milestones on May 29
- Automobiles Next-Gen Maruti Suzuki Eeco To Arrive In Festive Season
- Travel Everest Day 2022, Indian Mountaineers Who Climbed Mount Everest
- Education RRB NTPC CBT 2 Level 2, 3, And 5 Exam Schedule Released, Check Exam Dates Here
India added 3,37,704 new coronavirus infections taking the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 3,89,03,731, which includes 10,050 cases of the Omicron variant, according to Union health ministry data updated on Saturday.
The active cases have increased to 21,13,365, the highest in 237 days, while the death toll has climbed to 4,88,884 with 488 fresh fatalities, the data updated at 8 am stated.
There has been a 3.69 per cent increase in Omicron cases since Friday, the ministry said.
The active cases comprise 5.43 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate has decreased to 93.31 per cent, the ministry said.
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 17.22 per cent while the weekly positivity rate was recorded at 16.65 per cent.
The data stated that 71.34 crore tests have been conducted so far and 19,60,954 tests were conducted in the last 24 hours.
So far, 161.16 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered, it said
India's COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16.
It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19, 2020.
India crossed two crore cases on May 4 and three crore cases on June 23 last year.
The 488 new fatalities include 106 from Kerala, 52 from Maharashtra, 38 from Delhi and 35 from West Bengal.
A total of 4,88,884 deaths have been reported so far in the country including 1,42,023 from Maharashtra, 51,607 from Kerala, 38,537 from Karnataka, 37,145 from Tamil Nadu, 25,541 from Delhi, 23,022 from Uttar Pradesh and 20,265 from West Bengal.
The ministry said that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities.
- wellnessEven Vaccinated People Can Develop Long Covid, Study Finds
- wellnessHypertension Most Common Co-Morbidity: Delhi Hospital Study On Covid-19 Patients
- womenWHO Honours 1 Million ASHA Women For COVID-Care Role
- wellnessAir Pollution Linked With More Severe COVID-19: Study
- wellnessOmicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- wellnessHaven't Had Covid-19 Yet? It Could Be More Than Just Luck
- disorders cureWhat Is Geographic Tongue? Is It Related To COVID? Read About The Causes And Symptoms
- wellnessWhy People With Lung Disorder Face Risk Of Severe Covid-19 Found
- wellnessIndia's First mRNA Vaccine Against COVID: 90% Effective; Can Be Used For Malaria, Dengue Etc.
- wellnessOestrogen Treatment Linked With Reduced Covid Mortality: Study
- wellnessTrained Sniffer Dogs May Accurately Detect COVID Infected Airport Passengers: Study
- wellnessBiological E Ltd Reduces Price Of Its Covid-19 Vaccine Corbevax To Rs 250 Per Dose