- 30 min ago When To Purchase Items And Where To Keep Broom In The House, As Per Vastu
- 45 min ago Centre Advises Isolation Of Suspected Monkeypox Cases At Designated Health Facilities
- 2 hrs ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News WHO says Nearly 200 cases of monkeypox in more than 20 countries
- Sports Italian GP: Aleix Espargaro keeps Bologna bullets at the bay
- Finance 3 Stocks To Buy Next Week For Good Dividends In 1-3 Months
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Approached For Yash Starrer KGF: Chapter 3? Here's The Truth
- Technology Black Shark 5, 5 Pro Launching On June 8; Will The Gaming Flagships Come To India?
- Automobiles Hayabusa-powered Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo Concept Revealed
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Ninety five per cent of India's eligible adult population has been administered the first dose of COVID vaccine while 74 per cent are fully inoculated, the Union health ministry said on Thursday as the total vaccine doses administered has crossed 164.35 crore.
Till 7 pm on Thursday, 49,69,805 vaccine doses have been administered.
As many as 1,03,04,847 precaution doses have been administered to healthcare and frontline workers and those aged 60 and above with comorbidities. Also 4,42,81,254 adolescents in the 15-18 years age group have been given the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya congratulated the nation for the remarkable achievement.
In a tweet, he said that India has achieved the record of administering the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine to more than 95 per cent of its eligible population. Under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, hard work of health workers and public participation, the country is continuously moving forward in this campaign, he said.
The countrywide vaccination drive was rolled out on January 16 last year with healthcare workers getting inoculated in the first phase.
India began administering precaution dose of COVID-19 vaccine to healthcare workers, frontline workers including personnel deployed for election duty and those aged 60 and above with comorbidities from January 10 amid the country witnessing a spike in coronavirus infections fuelled by Omicron variant of the virus.
- wellnessEven Vaccinated People Can Develop Long Covid, Study Finds
- wellnessHypertension Most Common Co-Morbidity: Delhi Hospital Study On Covid-19 Patients
- womenWHO Honours 1 Million ASHA Women For COVID-Care Role
- wellnessAir Pollution Linked With More Severe COVID-19: Study
- wellnessOmicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- wellnessHaven't Had Covid-19 Yet? It Could Be More Than Just Luck
- disorders cureWhat Is Geographic Tongue? Is It Related To COVID? Read About The Causes And Symptoms
- wellnessWhy People With Lung Disorder Face Risk Of Severe Covid-19 Found
- wellnessIndia's First mRNA Vaccine Against COVID: 90% Effective; Can Be Used For Malaria, Dengue Etc.
- wellnessOestrogen Treatment Linked With Reduced Covid Mortality: Study
- wellnessTrained Sniffer Dogs May Accurately Detect COVID Infected Airport Passengers: Study
- wellnessBiological E Ltd Reduces Price Of Its Covid-19 Vaccine Corbevax To Rs 250 Per Dose