- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 7 hrs ago 'AmTrue,' A Safe Menstrual Cup For Women, Was Awarded The International Glory Awards 2022
- 9 hrs ago New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- 10 hrs ago Here Are Some Tips To Help You Achieve Natural-Looking And Fuller Eyebrows
- Sports Rumour has it: Chelsea lead the race for England star, other Premier League club withdraw interest
- Finance Top 7 Govt-Owned Stocks That Hit Their New 52-Week High
- Movies Hit 2 Day 1 Box Office Collection: Adivi Sesh's HITverse Crime Thriller Begins On A Grand Note!
- News KCR's daughter Kavitha gets CBI summons in Delhi liquor scam
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Sales Report November 2022 - Sales Up By 14.26%
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
India's Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman wore an elegant Bomkai Saree while presenting the Union Budget 2022. This head-turner of a saree comes all the way from Odisha with its intricate design and patterns that speak volumes.
Our Finance Minister evidently chose this saree to complement the tradition and culture of handloom sarees in India and has given us true saree goals to wear in 2022! Nirmala Sitharaman carried herself with true grace, as she walked into the Parliament with a Made-in-India tablet covered in all red, definitely defining the power and strength during her fourth Union Budget as FM.
What Is A Bomkai Saree?
A Bomkai Saree or in other words Sonepuri Saree is a type that originates from Odisha. This handloom saree is a type of traditional saree that can be worn by Millennials and the Gen Z as well, just because of how modern the design and the colour feels when rocked with the true statement blouse. One can wear a Bomkai Saree just like how our Finance Minister wore it, with a subtle maroon coloured blouse along with a red bindi on the forehead, and a delicate chain and bangle in a graceful way.
Origin Of The Bomkai Saree
The Bomkai saree originated from the Ganjam district of Odisha, where these sarees were an absolute favourite of the Royal families, aristocracy and the Brahmins during the ancient times. The most interesting fact about the saree is that it mixes two types of techniques mainly the tie and dye along with embroidery.
This saree is a major part of the fashion shows and has also been spotted on B-town celebrities in the past.
Produced by the Bhulia community, this type of saree with an extremely beautiful design is one of the identified Geographical Indications of India and could be an essential piece in your wardrobe.
So, if you like the history and culture of this handloom saree then don't forget to wear it on special festive events.
- bollywood wardrobeDeepika Padukone To Alia Bhatt, 6 White Saree Looks By B-Town Beauties That Are Perfect For The Wedding
- women7 Clever Ways To Reuse Your Old Sarees
- bollywood wardrobeVidya Balan’s 8 Saree Looks You Must Bookmark To Ace The Desi Style
- bollywood wardrobeDeepika Padukone To Parineeti Chopra, Embrace The Pleated Saree Trend Like B-Town Stars
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon’s 6 contemporary sarees that are perfect for Diwali Party
- bollywood wardrobeSandeepa Dhar Slaying In Sarees With Utmost Grace
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Rekha: 10 Stunning Saree Looks From Bollywood's Timeless Beauty
- bollywood wardrobeDeepika Padukone To Vidya Balan, Their Modern Saree Looks You Must Bookmark
- fashionHappy Birthday Asha Bhosle: Beautiful Saree Inspirations From The Legendary Singer
- fashionCelebrate Onam: 8 Stunning Ethnic Outfit Ideas For Women
- bollywood wardrobeJacqueline Fernandez Looks Elegant In Saree, As She Promotes Bachchan Pandey In Mumbai
- bollywood wardrobeAlia Bhatt Is Divine In Ivory Saree And Vintage Red Rose Look At Gangubai Kathiawadi Promotions