- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sardarni Jumps To 6th Spot; Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Out Of TRP Race
- News Starting 12 noon, mobile services to be restored in J&K today
- Technology Apple iPhone SE 2 To Launch In Early 2020 With A13 Bionic Chipset
- Sports Estonia 0-3 Germany: Gundogan leads Die Mannschaft after early Can red card
- Automobiles Auto Parts Manufacturers Ask Government To Reduce GST To 18 Percent Amidst Industry Slowdown
- Finance India, China To Set Up New Mechanism For Trade And Investment
- Travel 10 Least Visited Places In India And Why You Should Visit Them
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
A group of men dressed as women and doing a dance on a Malayalam song went viral. These men were dressed in Mundu, a garment worn around the waist. Well, their viral video proves that androgynous fashion is clearly getting more popular. Internet might have laughed at this video but to us it was quite a defining fashion moment.
So, they draped the Mundu around like a wraped dress. Their traditional silk attire was splashed in the shades of ivory and golden. Whilst, the ivory was the dominating colour, the golden patti accentuated the outfit of these men. Their movements were perfectly synchronised and they even upped their look with long gold necklaces and white gajras. The dancers finished their look with black sunglasses.
This video was shot at a family event at Onam. However, men dressing as a woman, is not a new concept. A number of men such as Himanshu Verma (who is also known as the Sari Man) and Abhishek S Murthy etc.., are experimenting with ensembles, which are stereotyped as feminine clothes. So, yes some men have beckoned us to broaden our perspective by wearing women clothes. Even designers including Anju Modi and Rajesh Pratap Singh among others have played with androgynous fashion idea and introduced flared skirts for men. For instance, actor Ranveer Singh wore skirt at one of the awards show and made heads turn.
So, what do you think about the men dressed as women video? Feel free to share opinions in the comment section.