- 6 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 8 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 9 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 11 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- Finance Silver Rate Drops Sharply By Rs. 200, Check Rates In Major Cities Here
- News Ailing Lalu airlifted to Delhi, admitted to AIIMS
- Sports Three Premier League clubs that could sign Chelsea youngster Armando Broja this summer
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ25 Vs TVS Ronin - Specs Comparison
- Movies Sanya Malhotra Shares The Secret Of Tackling With Challenging Scenes In HIT: The First Case
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
Himachal Pradesh is an Indian state situated in the Northern region of India. It was one of the states that has remained largely untouched by external customs, Due to technological advancements, the state has grown rapidly.
Himachal Pradesh is a multicultural and multilingual state like any other Indian state. Some of the most commonly spoken languages are Hindi, Punjabi, Pahari, Dogri, Kangri, and Kinnauri. The tribal community consists of Gaddis, Kinnars, and Gujjars.
Himachal is well known for its handicrafts. The carpets, leather works, shawls are worth appreciating. Pashmina Shawl is one of the products which is highly in demand; not only in Himachal but all over the country. Himachali caps are also famous for their art work.
Local music and dance reflects the cultural identity of the state. Through their dance and music, they entreat their gods during local festivals and other occasions.
Today, on Fashionable Indian State we are going to talk about Himachal Pradesh diverse fashion . When aculture, people and religion are so diverse , imagine how diverse fashion would be. Let's have a look.
1. The Kinnauri Bride
Image Source- Pinterest
Whoa! I hope your eyes haven't gone blur because of the flashy/gaudy ornaments. This is a typical Kinnauri bridal outfit, also the traditional attire for most Himachalis. The head gears are the most flashy and eye catchy elements in the outfits. The Pashmina shawl is found in almost all the Himachali dresses. It's gaudy yet a piece of admiration.
2. The Palampur Bride
Image Spurce- Pinterest
Palampur is a very famous hill station in Himachal and it has its Palampuri fashion, too. The brides are dressed quite fashionably, and is not as gaudy as the Kinnauri dress. The color red is very dominant in the outfit. The head gear is a must in a typical Himachali attire, but Palampuri head gear is much lighter than the Kinnauri.
3. The Nose Ring
Image Source- Pinterest
Exaggerated and over-sized are the exact words to describe this traditional Himachali nose ring. Only a Himachali woman could carry it. It could be made of gold, silver or any other metal. It is huge and heavy. Hats off to the Himachalis for creating this unusual masterpiece.
4. The Himachali Cap
The Himachali cap is the signature style of Himachalis. We can easily say if the person is Himachali with the cap. The cap is flattened from top and is embellished with little embroidery. It is mostly worn by men, but women in Gujjar and Palampur wear them, too. Alia Bhatt donned one of these in the movie Highway.
This is all about the fashion and style of Himachal Pradesh. Please write to us what you feel about this.
For more such stories about various other Indian State visit: Fashionable Indian State
- lifeHimachal Diwas 2020: The Day When Himachal Pradesh Came Into Existence
- pulsebuddha,festivals,himachal pradesh,tibetan Opera Festival Begins In Dharamshala
- insyncA Unique Festival To Boost Tourism At Himachal Pradesh
- swami chinmayanandaThey Are My Guests
- lifeKullu Valley, a major tourist draw for river-rafting
- fashion trends#ShaadiFashion: 5 Essentials Of A Bong Bride's Trousseau
- fashion trends@ShaadiFashion: 5 Must-Haves In A South Indian Bridal Trousseau
- fashion trendsGot A Wedding To Attend In Delhi? Steal These Wardrobe Tips To Sizzle Weddings In Dilli
- fashion trendsThe Fashionable Indian State: Mumbaikars Love For Hipster Rags
- fashion trends5 Types Of Bengali Sarees You Can Don With Ease On Durga Puja
- fashion trendsGoa: The Town Of Pethani And Portuguese Gowns
- fashion trendsFashionable Indian State: Fashion From Uttar Pradesh - The Northern Province