- 7 hrs ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 8 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 8 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 10 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- News If farmers want, they can change government: KCR in Punjab
- Sports Rajasthan Royals RR IPL playoffs history, stats and records, key players to watch out
- Movies Suhana Khan Celebrates Birthday: Mom Gauri Khan, BFF Ananya Panday Wish The Archies Actress
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Rihanna's Harper's Bazaar China magazine received a serious backlash from the Twitteratis. The iconic singer, who just launched her beauty line Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, was accused of culture appropriation. Some even compared her culture appropriation to Kim Kardashian's Kimono issue, where Kim used the term 'Kimono' as a name for her shapewear line. In Kim's case it was the misuse of Japanese traditional garment but in Rihanna's situation, it hardly seemed like a culture appropriation. And moreover, Chinese citizens didn't at all mind Rihanna's cover or thought it is culture appropriation. So, moving on, we were stunned to see her cover photoshoot. Let's talk about it.
Rich in hues and drama, Rihanna's photoshoot was fierce and was a lot about vibrant splash. The outfits had an Oriental touch but a few shots also radiated the spirit of modern China, which is largely influenced by diverse sensibilites. It was hard to takes eyes off the cover and frame, lighting, mood - everything was so vivid. So, for the main cover shoot, Rihanna exuded a mysterious vibe with an intricate prop half covering her face. The pink eye shadow was visible and her look got a defining touch with the characteristic high bun adorned with traditional hair accessory. The voluminous outfit came alive with electric blue hue and angular edges. However, the red sash and precious bird-inspired jewel absolutely upped the avatar.
In the second photoshoot, the mood was sultry and a tad bit shy. The gown was deep red-hued with glittery accents and the wispy red drape accentuated the look. She wore pointed pumps and the statement green stones necklace contrasted her attire. This time, it was actually the make-up that gave her look an Oriental effect. The high bun with hair clips complemented her look. The Pekingese dog was the prop here and it was an adorable prop.
Then came the modern touch! Her satiny blue and green attire accentuated by meticulous motifs embroidery and the heavy neckpiece look seemed like a cross between China and other cultures. Posed against a poetic backdrop, Rihanna channelled the spring vibes here. The prop was a pretty floral guitar. However, coming to her make-up the yellow eye liner absolutely dazzled us. This time, the bun had loops and was adorned with spring-inspired clips. The neon green dress shoot seemed like a reflection of the nightlife. It was quite a statement number with ruffled puffed sleeves, cinched waist, and flowy silhouette. Her footwear were pointed and ivory-dipped. The make-up had a lot of pink touches. Well, if you are going to San Francisco (sorry, China) make sure to take fashion cues from Riri. How did you find her cover shoot? Let us know that in the comment section.
- fashion trendsFrom Rihanna To Katrina Kaif, The Divas Who Have Inspired Us With Their Feminism-inspired T-shirts
- women fashionInstagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Kareena Kapoor, Rihanna, Krystle D’Souza And More
- women fashionRihanna’s Latest Magazine Cover Is A Literal Tribute To The Nude Make-up Gods
- fashion trendsRihanna’s Magazine Photoshoot Is So Rebel And Stylish, We Totally Love It
- make up tips15 Celebrity-Inspired Valentine’s Day Make-up Ideas You Will Love
- fashion trendsRihanna Stuns Us With An Enormous Pink Feathered Costume
- fashion trendsBeyoncé V/s Rihanna: Whose Floral Headgear We Loved More?
- fashion trendsStyle Goal Of The Week: Mix Different Prints Like A Boss
- bollywood wardrobeMindy Kaling's 'Sanskaari-Meets-Sexy' Gown By Prabal Gurung Just Ruined Our Day
- fashion trendsOmg! Did Rihanna Too Disappoint At Met Gala 2018?
- fashion trendsAll That You Didn't Know About Met Gala 2018
- bollywood wardrobeRihanna's B'Day Special: Most Outrageous Looks Where Riri Dared To Bare