- 2 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 3 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 3 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- Sports FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: India vs Afghanistan: Super-sub Doungel helps Blue Tigers earn point in Dushanbe
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Starrer Dream Girl To Release In Hong Kong In December
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Come Onam and we all want to dress up elegantly and in our traditional best. However, the times have changed, which means that not all of us would want to drape saris. Some of us might even want something ethnic yet different from the mainstream. Adding to that, since it is a ten-days festival, Onam allows us to experiment with our festive wardrobe. So, for Onam 2019, let us explore some unique traditional wear options other than saris.
A Cream And Gold Anarkali Suit
Anarkali suits make for a great festive wear. These suits are not only comfy but can look equally graceful as saris. For Onam 2019, while we are pretty sure you will drape cream and gold Kasavu sari, you can additionally also buy an ivory and golden anarkali ensemble and team it up with a complementing dupatta. The advantage of wearing light and pastel shades is that you can notch up your look with gold jewellery. So, yes anarkali suits does sound like a nice idea.
A Vintage Gown With An Ethnic Touch
Who says you can't wear a gown-like attire for festive occasions? On the contrary, an ethnic gown will make you look a class apart. So, for Onam 2019, instead of saris, you can invest in a gown attire that has a traditional touch. To elaborate it further, you can buy a gown that has western silhouette but traditional patterns, which signify Indian craftsmanship. Well, such an attire, will surely make heads turn.
A Bright Suit With Flared Bottoms
Onam festival is all about vibrant colours and so to keep the spirit of festival alive, you can wear a simply bright modern suit with flared bottoms. Now, the flared bottoms can either be palazzo pants or a skirt. However, if your suit is dipped in a vibrant hue and is adorned with heavy patterns, make sure your dupatta is plain and jewellery is minimal.
A Lehenga With A Twist
Apart from an anarkali suit, lehenga is also an interesting option. So, for this Onam festival, try and wear a lehenga on one of the days. You can choose an understated and patterned lehenga and colour-block it with a dupatta as shown in the picture. You can play so much with the way you drape a dupatta and in some cases, you can even make your lehenga look like a sari.
An Elaborate Dupatta
A meticulously embroidered dupatta can also notch up your simple suit or lehenga So, if you have in case, bought a very humble suit with muted shades and light patterns, you can effortlessly give it a festive touch by teaming it with an intricately-done dupatta. So, invest in some good phulkari dupatta or patterned brocade dupatta for this Onam festival.
So, let us know, what attire are you most interested to sport? Happy Onam 2019!