- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Karunya KR-425 lottery result
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Finance 3 Beaten Down Shares That Can Yield Good Returns
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
After, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra took to her Twitter account to share a throwback pic of hers in a traditional sari on the morning of her wedding day, Maneka Gandhi also shared a picture of herself in a sari. Maneka Gandhi revealed in the caption that her sari was woven by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in jail. "That cotton saree that I'm wearing was woven by Pt. Nehru in jail and is now over 70 years old," posted Maneka Gandhi.
View this post on Instagram
The cotton saree that I'm wearing was woven by Pt. Nehru in jail and is now over 70 years old. I wore it on Varun's wedding in Benares. My daughter-in-law Yamini is wearing an antique saree which was given to me by my mother-in-law on my wedding day. #sareestory #memories #trending #sareelove
A post shared by Maneka Gandhi (@manekagandhibjp) on
The 70-year old cotton sari of hers as seen in the picture is dipped in the rich shade of pink and accentuated by white motifs. She teamed it with a matching plain blouse, which went well with her sari. Her look as in the pic is minimal and she notched up her look with traditional jewellery. The special occasion when she wore this sari was on the wedding day of her son, Varun Gandhi and Maneka disclosed another interesting sari story.
So, the printed sari worn by her daughter-in-law (bride), Yamini, was an antique sari, which was given to Maneka Gandhi by her mother-in-law, Indira Gandhi on Maneka Gandhi's wedding day. "My daughter-in-law Yamini is wearing an antique saree which was given to me by my mother-in-law on my wedding day." Yamini teamed this printed sari with a bright yellow drape and added an element of contrast. Post Priyanka Gandhi Vadra's printed handloom sari, didn't Maneka Gandhi also inspire you to drape a vintage sari? Let us know that in the comment section.