- Technology Nubia Red Magic 5G Gaming Smartphone Bags 3C Certification: 55W Fast Charging Tipped
- Finance Budget 2020: Pushing Demand To Boost Economy Would Be Key
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Gets Trolled For Claiming There Was No Concept of India Till The British
- News Modi extracts wealth from India's poor, gives it to 'crony capitalist friends': Rahul Gandhi
- Automobiles KTM Adventure 390 Launched At Rs 2.99 Lakh: Bookings Officially Open At Rs 10,000
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Novak Djokovic results and form ahead of second-round match with Tatsuma Ito
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Camp sensibility, on which the Met Gala 2019 theme is based, also stressed on the equivalence of all objects. The essay by legendary writer, Susan Sontag said objet d'art like Tiffany Lamps falls within the ambit of camp. Sontag also mentioned that Camp is the Art Nouveau craftsman, who makes a lamp with a snake coiled around it, with all the earnestness. At Met Gala 2019, it was singer-songwriter Katy Perry, who took this sensibility pretty seriously and with this, she gave us one of the most refreshing costumes.
Katy's Met Gala2019 costume reminded us of the Oscar Wilde quote, "One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art". She gave us a break from dominant feathery accents with her giant crystal chandelier costume by Moschino. Her costume included a chandelier corset dress and a complementing headgear. This crystal chandelier outfit of hers was completed with the glowing light and intricate details. Katy, in a way, paid tribute to the theme. Yes, on the flip side, there could be arguments that she was too obvious but this obvious worked and made us speechless, isn't it?
Well, we really thought she didn't need any accessories with this absolutely voila! outfit. Now, coming to her makeup, she backed the trending minty pink lip shade and balanced it with dramatic kohl. Her sleek blonde bob tresses finished her Camp avatar. We are much impressed Katy Perry. Aren't you too? Let us know that in the comment section.